Monday, May 24, 2021

Hebrews 13:5 - "The God Who Stays"

I woke up this morning to the words of a song Matthew West sings called "A God Who Stays" and smiled. When the enemy tries tp tear us down, God is there to encourage us. When people say/do things that hurt us, God is there to wrap His loving arms around us. I am so grateful to have Him in my life. He is my constant when everything else seems to fall apart.

You're the God who stays
You're the God who stays
You're the one who runs in my direction
When the whole world walks away
You're the God who stands
With wide open arms
And You tell me nothing I have ever done can separate my heart
From the God who stays

I love the word picture of God standing with His arms open for me to fall into. I remember when I was a little girl feeling alone and terrified He came to me in a vision and comforted me. What a blessing to have such times to reflect on. There were many times as a child He spoke to me and/or gave me a vision. Those times continue today. I am so grateful for my relationship with Him where I hear His voice. I am grateful for the heart to walk in obedience to Him. I am grateful for the knowledge He is with me at all time. Plain and simple. I am grateful. Matthew West wrote of this song:

“Many times we can get discouraged in thinking that perhaps God might get fed up with our imperfect lives and leave us, too. I wrote this song in the hopes that it might be a line by line reminder that no matter who’s walked out on you in your life, no matter who has left you, there is one who never will. The Bible reminds us over and over again that He is not a god who walks away. He’s the God who pursues. He’s not a god who gives up. He’s the God who persists. He’s not a god who changes His mind. He’s the God who has made up His mind about how much He loves us. He is not a god who leaves. He is the God who stays.”

Woo hoo! Praise God for being the One who stays in my life no matter what is happening. I am so blessed by His love, mercy, and grace. Oh how I pray for more people to be in relationship with Him. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for always being with me! Thank You for loving on me so well and encouraging me! Thank You for the reminder You are greater than anything the enemy throws before me! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! What a blessing to have Jack and Clay join Carol for praise and worship! Thank You for their servant hearts! Thank You for lunch with Cait, the kids, and my new friend! Thank You for my walks last evening in the beautiful weather and for conversations with neighbors! Thank You for conversations with Rickey who You use to encourage me! Thank You for: my Momma being released from rehab; being with my sister Linda as she gets test results today; continuing to give my sisters Sally and Mary what they need to get through 'tough' days; June and her family; Jodi and her family; Steph recuperating from shoulder surgery; Alison; Terri; Melanie; protection over two families with situations with their sons; Roberta and her family; and so many others who need an extra dose of Your encouragement. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be seen/heard through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout this day. I pray a blessing on my time with Marion today and ask that You give me right words to get her to go to exercise. Thank You Jesus for being My Constant! Amen.

No comments: