Thursday, May 27, 2021

Psalm 37 - "Amen"


Yesterday was such a long but blessed day. Starting out at 3:30AM is not my normal and definitely not what I would want to do every day. But I had lots of opportunities to love on people with Jesus love during my travels to Ohio and that made the early morning worth it. I love the look you get when you are pleasant to someone struggling with their job. Sometimes they seem to get crabbier but I love when it puts a smile on someone's face. I love the lift in their voice when they are spoken to in a loving manner. I sure had a lot of people to pray for as many were struggling yesterday morning. I was grateful for the safe travels, Rickey picking me up at the airport and taking me to lunch, being able to be with my Momma for an OT assessment, pizza with friends for dinner, a walk around my hometown after dinner, and the privilege to be here with my Momma. It's so hard to be seven hundred miles from her in times like this. I am grateful God encourages me everyday that I am where He desires me to be. I could not do what I do without His encouragement. This morning I woke up to these words from for King & Country's song "Amen" and was so blessed...

You're in my blood, my veins
In every word I pray
You gave it all for me
I'll give it all for You
Oh, I'm in love with You
Overwhelmed by You
And if the world is listenin'
This is my confession
You are my obsession

These words describe my relationship with God. He gave His Son for all of us to live. He gives us everything we need every day to live as He desires of us. All we have to do is allow Him to love on us. As we focus on Him instead of ourselves, He blesses us in abundance. As we look to Him for His wisdom, He will provide. His peace is available to us at all time. All we have to do is live in His will so we not only hear His voice but walk in obedience to Him. The more time I spend with God, the more I desire to live with Him. He is so good at giving me exactly what I need. Physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. I have said it before and I will say it again. I am one blessed lady. Psalm 37 is one I remind myself of regularly. Trusting God is what life is all about. Verses three through seven read in The Passion Translation:

Keep trusting in the Lord and do what is right in his eyes.
    Fix your heart on the promises of God, and you will dwell in the land,
    feasting on his faithfulness.
Find your delight and true pleasure in Yahweh,
    and he will give you what you desire the most.
Give God the right to direct your life,
    and as you trust him along the way,
    you’ll find he pulled it off perfectly!
He will appear as your righteousness,
    as sure as the dawning of a new day.
    He will manifest as your justice,
    as sure and strong as the noonday sun.
Quiet your heart in his presence
    and wait patiently for Yahweh.

Woo hoo! I love these words from David that encourage me to continue to trust God. The more I trust Him, the more I love Him. I must die to self daily so He can live in and through me. I must allow Him full reign of every aspect of life so He can use me in the way He so desires. I must focus on Him so I do not miss any opportunity He gives me to love with His love. Plain and simple. I must be who He has called me to be.

Dear Jesus, Thank You the opportunities You gave me yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for giving me Your wisdom and peace! Thank You for providing for this trip not just in the financial aspect but even to put the idea in my head to make the trip! Thank You for me being with my Momma yesterday with the OT assessment and for the privilege to take her to the doctor today! Thank You for my time with Rickey and doing one of the things on my birthday list! Thank You for ones like Wanda and Tim who have been here for my Momma this week! Thank You for continuing to be with my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary with health issues; Gay, Doug, and their family; Pastor Ted with the loss of his sister; Tim Handcock; Mary Wise; Melanie; Alison; Cait; Elizabeth; Little Ivy's Family; and so many others going through 'tough' days. May You be greater than the hurts of life. May Your wisdom and peace be with all who allow You to be their King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Father, I pray for a dear friend who is feeling overwhelmed with some major decisions and a family for protection with a serious situation. May You give clarity, wisdom, and peace. I pray for the day ahead to be full of You for all who will allow You in their day. Thank You Jesus for being My Obsession! Amen.

No comments: