Saturday, May 29, 2021

Exodus 14 - "Good God Almighty"


I woke up this morning with Crowder's "Good God Almighty" on my mind. God is so, so good. He is so good at encouraging me and loving on me. Yesterday morning was a tough one as I left my Momma. The tears flowed and all sorts of things went through my mind. God used Paul to encourage me. "Remember, you just wrote in your blog how good life is and how family refreshes you and fills your tank. Hang onto that thought." These words were what I needed to not just through the time of leaving her but to have God's peace in the process. God is always with us. He is always there to encourage us as we allow Him to. He puts people and circumstances before us to show His love to us. 

Like sun in the morning
I know You're gonna be there every day
So what on earth could make me be afraid?
Good God Almighty
I hope You'll find me
Praising Your name no matter what comes
'Cause I know where I'd be
Without Your mercy
So I keep praising Your name at the top of my lungs

I am in awe at the knowledge God is always with me. I am in awe of the ways He encourages me and loves on me. He is so good! Every day is a blessing that we each need to receive and embrace. Yesterday was full of blessings with Rickey being there to comfort me when the tears were falling, Paul's words to encourage me, safe travels home, having Glenda and Rogera here for a visit, finishing the day with ice cream at the waterfront...the list goes on and on. Today is a new day. I look forward to the blessings ahead with Work Day at the church and whatever else God puts before me. I am grateful He is with me at all time. He took me to the story in Exodus 14 this morning to remind me of Moses' words to the people as they went through the challenges of life. This song shows how we must go through challenges of life to receive His peace. Crowder wrote:

"During a season of desolation and wandering, I've been writing songs to remind me that we are headed somewhere beyond this - songs that remind me that it is the God of Abraham and Isaac, the God of Jacob, Moses and David, the God who promised a Savior and a way back to Him, it is He that we follow and He has not left us alone. On the other side of the desert is a land of covenant promise - where the blind see, the lame walk, the tears are dry, the lamb and the lion are like best buds and we see face-to-face the One who made us. In between captivity and promise, we need to be reminded."

Woo hoo! As we walk in His promises on this earth, we will walk with Him for eternity. Praise His Holy Name! There is nothing that happens in life that God is surprised by. He knows what will be before us every day. He knows what the enemy will throw at us and He knows His strength is greater than the enemy. Woo hoo! I am so in love with Him and so grateful for this knowledge.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for being with my Momma as she adjusts to what life is like right now! Thank You for safe travels, everything I packed into my forty-eight hour trip, my time with friends and family,  and Rickey being there to comfort me when I fell apart! Thank You for providing workers today to accomplish tasks at the church building! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! I pray for Your words, actions, attitude, and thoughts to ooze from me today in a new, different way. I pray for people to experience Your love through me. Lord, I continue to pray for many going through 'tough' days to realize Your love. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Mary Wise; Little Ivy's family; my friend with some tough decisions before her; Melanie; Tim and JoAnne Hancock; and many others. I pray for God to be greater than what they are facing. Thank You Jesus for being My Good God Almighty! Amen.

No comments: