Saturday, May 8, 2021

Joshua 1:9 - "Overcomer"




Last night within a five minute time span I received news that brought me tears of joy and news that brought tears of sorrow. What an emotional roller coaster! God is so, so good at using tears to sooth my spirit. He reminded me of the words God told Joshua when He appointed him to take Moses place at the time of his death. God told Joshua He would bless him with everything He blessed Moses with and would be with him at all time. He promised Joshua to give him what he needed. This story reminds me of the way He never left Theresa with the situation with her marriage. It reminds me of how God stayed close to her as she watched her life crumble. Her faithfulness to God was crucial in her life. When the times of defeat seem to take over, she stayed strong in knowing God is greater than anything the enemy puts before us. What a blessing to receive the news restoration is in the process in their relationship. I have prayed and prayed for many years for this day. I have prayed for the enemy to be knocked down and finally that is happening. The tears that streamed from my eyes were ones of joy. They were ones of relief. As I said last night, I never stopped praying for this dear family and I am not going to stop now. The enemy does not like what is happening. He will try to cause havoc and chaos. We must not put our guard down but instead must become more intentional in our prayers. Paul wrote in Galatians 6:9, Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. We cannot give up praying even when it seems like our prayers are not being heard. We cannot give up on loved ones who have strayed. We cannot give up praying for a miracle in situations that seem hopeless. Plain and simple. We cannot give up but instead must continue to have faith in God. We must remember He is in control and knows the outcome of all situations. This is hard at times but it is part of life we all need to live. We all have gone through 'tough' times in life but God is greater than 'tough' times. We all have felt like we were drowning but God is there to save us. I am singing Mandisa's Overcomer this morning and praying for Theresa and Brandon in these days of restoration.

You're an overcomer
Stay in the fight until the final round
You're not going under
'Cause God is holding you right now
You might be down for a moment
Feeling like it's hopeless
That's when He reminds You
That you're an overcomer
You're an overcomer

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings received yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for answer to many prayers for Theresa and Brandon! Thank You for the restoration they are going through! Thank You for empowering them to be strong when the enemy comes knocking at their door! Thank You for being in every aspect of their life! Thank You for the joy in realizing the results of such an answer to prayers for all of us who never gave up with this family! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. Thank You for being with: the family who had a loss yesterday; Pastor Karen and Val's families with services today; everyone who is struggling with this being Mother's Day weekend; Little Ivy's family; my Momma who was moved to rehab; my sister Linda​; Mary Lilly; and so many others. Thank You for Little Jackson who told me he loved me and I was his best friend! Thank You for friends like Amy and June who blessed me yesterday! Thank You for Rickey and his friends who make me laugh even when I feel sad! Thank You for the opportunities You are going to put before me today! May I not miss any person You put before me to love on with Your love. May all my relationships be based on trust, compassion, and faithfulness as tomorrow's sermon tells us. Thank You Jesus for being My Fighter! Amen.

No comments: