Monday, May 17, 2021

Colossians 1; Galatians 5:22-23 - "Every Step if the Way"


Once again yesterday was filled with blessings from start to finish. When I walked into the church, my heart was full with the memories of Saturday with all of the work that was accomplished. It was full again as I heard the fellowship happening around the coffee pot in the fellowship area before church. The testimonies shared during service blessed me in abundance. Lunch with Marlene and Sharon, the afternoon at the beach with a visit with Will and Sandy, dinner by the water, lots of laughter, and ending the day talking with Rickey made for one blessed day. I was thinking this morning about the challenge from yesterday's sermon. Pray for God to empower you to praise Him no matter what circumstances happen this week. I spoke about how we have to go through 'tough' times for our faith to go deeper. This morning God took me to Colossians 1 where Paul wrote about Epaphras who began the church there. He spoke of his faithfulness and love. That is what I desire people to speak of about me. I desire everyone to see and experience God's love through me. The only way that can happen is for me to have God's love in me. Colossians 1:10 reminded me of the fruit from yesterday's sermon. I desire to be mature in Christ so this fruit will be a part of my everyday life. Galatians 5:22-23 reads in The Passion Translation:

But the fruit produced by the Holy Spirit within you is divine love in all its varied expressions:

joy that overflows

peace that subdues,

patience that endures,

kindness in action,

a life full of virtue,

faith that prevails,

gentleness of heart, and

strength of spirit.

Never set the law above these qualities, for they are meant to be limitless.


Woo hoo! God is so good in being faithful to us as we walk with Him. Yesterday sitting at the beach I thought about my walk with Him. It is not always 'pretty.' I am thankful for His love, mercy, and grace when it gets 'ugly' and I'm thankful for the more I walk with Him, the 'prettier' it gets. I was blessed last night with talking about our walk with God with Rickey. Colossians 1:14 reads in The Passion TranslationFor in the Son all our sins are canceled and we have the release of redemption through his very blood. Praise God for this knowledge! Cade Thompson wrote the song "Every Step of the Way" while going through the pandemic. He wrote: One thing I could not deny in my times of reflection is that the goodness of God was clearly evident every step of the way along this journey called life. I hope this song is an encouragement to you when your life experiences might look different than you had planned and my desire is that it points you back to the promise that God is still working in your life every single day, every step of the way.

God desires all of us to walk with Him. He desires all of us to accept Him into our heart. He desires all of us to take the next step past salvation so we will live a life of holiness. He desires His fruit to flow from us as we trust Him. Plain and simple. He desires us to be His children. 

If I could talk to myself eight years ago
Seeing what I've seen, knowing what I know
I would tell that quiet kid
There'll be days ahead when it doesn't make sense
I would tell him he can trust Your hand
'Cause now I gotta picture of the greater plan
I can see with perfect clarity
It wasn't tragedy, it was what I needed

I couldn't see it then
But now I understand
Every step of the way
You've been You'll be
Working everything for the best for me
So I trust in who You are
Every step of the way
You've been You'll be
Fighting and writing Your love in my story
You've held my heart

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Lord, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing. I pray  for Your fruit to not only be seen in me but to be realized to all around me. Lord, I pray for all believers to show Your love from their actions, attitude, words, and thoughts. I pray for all of us to get better in doing so. Lord, I continue to pray for: Little Ivy and her family; my Momma; my sisters Linda and Sally; June and her family; Elizabeth; Melanie; Joyce; Cait; Terri; and so many others. Lord, may You be so real in an unspoken request I have. I pray for safe travels for Marlene and Sharon and for Little Eddy who is not feeling well. I also pray for restoration in my voice and for rest today. Thank You for my conversations with Rickey that encourage me so much! Thank You for another day of life! Thank You for being My Story Maker! Amen.

No comments: