Friday, May 7, 2021

Psalm 2 - "See A Victory"


God is so, so good at filling up my emotional tank. He not only knows what I need but provides. Spending time with the Carrington children is such a blessing. Hearing the squeals when I walk in the door melts my heart. Miss Lilly's cuddles are so special along with our talks about God. What a special family they are in my life. I have many special people who love on me, take care of me, encourage me, etc. They are 'my tribe' and I am so grateful for all of them. I was blessed when Joshua took my trash to the dump yesterday. Laughing and talking with different friends on the phone yesterday was just what I needed throughout the day. I am thankful for the reminder from my friend Sandy yesterday morning. "Be kind to yourself today." Praise God for people who love me so well. This morning God took me to Psalm 2. This Psalm ends with words of encouragement. When we trust God, our life will be blessed. That does not mean it will be a bed of roses but it does mean He is with us every step of the way. As I look back over my life, there were many 'tough' situations but God carried me through each and every one of them. There were many times when I saw my parents dig deeper into their faith and that is exactly what I desire to do. When I think about all of the things my Daddy went through with sixty plus surgeries, getting shot, being hit by a train, battling cancer numerous times...of my! But his faith stayed strong. When he left this earth, my Momma had a decision to make. She could either give up or she could allow God to continue to guide her life. I'm so proud of her and the way she continues to be who God has called her to be. When I grow up, I want to be like her! Psalm 2 speaks of victory in Jesus. There will be 'tough' days when the enemy comes knocking at our door BUT we can have victory when we allow Him to be greater than the 'junk' the enemy tries to put on us. Woo hoo! Matthew Henry wrote of Psalm 2:

Christ is the way; take heed lest ye be cut off from Him as your way to God. They thought themselves in the way; but neglecting Christ, they perish from it. Blessed will those be in the day of wrath, who, by trusting in Christ, have made him their Refuge.

We must stay focused on God and trust Him with our entire life. We must be ready for His return. Not only must we be ready but we must share the Gospel so others are ready too. The words to See A Victory on my heart this morning...

The weapon may be formed, but it won't prosper
When the darkness falls, it won't prevail
Cause the God I serve knows only how to triumph
My God will never fail
Oh my God will never fail

I'm gonna see a victory
I'm gonna see a victory
For the battle belongs to you Lord
I'm gonna see a victory
I'm gonna see a victory
For the battle belongs to you Lord

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all the ways You encouraged me yesterday! Thank You for my time with the Carrington's! Thank You for quickly answered prayers with Cait's bloodwork! Thank You for continuing to be with Little Ivey and her family during this time of testing; my Momma and Jack as they recuperate from surgery; Pastor Karen's family as they prepare for her service and Val's family as they prepare to spread her ashes; Gay's daughter Ashley; my friend Clay; and so many who need to be encouraged by You. Lord, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. May people see/hear You instead of me. Thank You for Sandy's words that started off my day yesterday, Sheri's call last night, and ending my night talking and laughing over the phone with Rickey and his friends! You are so awesome in filling my tank! Thank You for Miss Molly sleeping all night! I pray for her family as they are away from her. Thank You for Joshua who took my trash yesterday! Thank You for the way You are going to be greater than anything the enemy tries to put upon me today! Lord, I have an unspoken request for a family who need to experience You. May someone say/do something to bring You before them today. Thank You Jesus for being My Victory! Amen.

No comments: