Sunday, May 30, 2021

Hebrews 13:5 - "Loved Moved First"



God woke me twice during the night to pray for pastors. He had me pray for those who were stressed over end-of-the-year reports, church finances, and difficult situations in their church. The one time He had me 'pray for pastors who are allowing the burdens of their people to hinder their ministry.' I do not know what that entails but I am His obedient servant who prays as He directs. I do not have to understand. All I have to do is walk in obedience to what He tells me. I am looking forward to today with giving my annual report and sharing the vision God has given me. It is exciting to be a pastor. I cannot allow times of disappointment to steal my joy. Instead I need to remember my words I said yesterday about work day. We were a small group but whatever the Lord wanted done was accomplished. We cannot have our own agenda but must allow Him to be in charge. We cannot have expectations that are not of Him. I am so blessed by Him and the way He leads me. I am blessed by His love, mercy, and grace. Anyone who accepts Him into their heart is blessed by Him. Every time I was awake during the night and then again this morning I had the words to Love Moved First by Casting Crowns going through my mind.

From the throne to the manger
From a manger to the grave
Your cross is the proof
Love made the first move
From a grave meant to keep You
To a stone rolled away
Your cross is the proof
Love made the first move
I remember where You found me
I'm amazed by where I stand
Your cross is the proof
That love made the first move

You didn't wait for me to find my way to You
I couldn't cross that distance even if I wanted to
You came running after me
When anybody else would've turned and left me at my worst
Love moved first

Love did move first through God's sacrifice of His Son for all mankind. Love continues to move toward us as He loves on us so greatly. It continues to move through us as we allow the Holy Spirit to use us to love on others. God's love is the ultimate blessing we carry with us throughout life. But before we can carry it with us we first must allow Him to cleanse and fill us. If we desire to never be alone again, we must walk in the knowledge of Hebrews 13:5. God desires to be with us 24/7, 365 days a year. He desires for us to be in relationship with Him and allow Him to direct our steps. He desires us to be so in love with Him that He is always on our mind. Plain and simple. He desires us to desire Him.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the reminder from Hebrews 13:5 and from this song this morning! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You forJeff, Clay, and Carol and the work completed at the building yesterday! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You today! May You be seen/heard instead of me. Lord, I pray for all pastors to be blessed today in abundance. I pray against the enemy having any foothold into the situations causing stress. You told me during the night 'pray for pastors who are allowing the burdens of their people to hinder their ministry.' I do not know what this means but You do and that is all that matters. Lord, be greater than the things before all of us. I pray for what You desire to be said from the pulpit will be said and for Your love to ooze out of all of us. I pray for pastors today who will have difficult people in their midst to remember You are there. Lord, may Your healing touch come down upon: my Momma; sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Little Ivy; Mary Wise; Jack and Paula; Pastor Tim and JoAnne; Pastor Sylvia; Pastor Bill; Melanie; and many others. I pray comfort over Pastor Ted and his family with the loss of his sister. I praise You for answers to prayers for two of my four friends with career decisions. I continue to pray for the other two to receive Your wisdom and direction. Thank You for Rickey in my life! He encourages me greatly and I am so grateful for that. Thank You for my time with Glenda and Rogera as they visit! Thank You for the way You are going to bless me as I am Your hands and feet today! Thank You for being The One Who Loved Me First! Amen.

No comments: