Saturday, May 15, 2021

Proverbs 17:9 - "More Than You'll Every Know"


 If I had a dollar for every time we laughed yesterday, I would be a rich lady. It was another awesome day in the Lord. He blessed me through Marlene and Sharon in so many ways. The beauty of His creation with the gorgeous weather, good food, good conversation, getting in more than my goal with steps...what a great day we had! We laughed and talked about memories and we made new ones for our friendship tank. We prayed together and shared our innermost thoughts with one another. God has given me this time to fill my emotional tank. He brought these two ladies to be with me at a time when He knew I needed a break from all that is happening in my little world. Praise His Holy Name! We all have the choice to make on how we can be a friend. We first must be a friend before people will desire to be our friend. The best way to be a friend is to love with the love of Jesus. When people experience Jesus' love through us, they will desire to experience Him in their life. Every time I ask a waitress how I can pray for them I am planting a seed for Him. Every time I leave my business card with them I am planting a seed for Him. The Holy Spirit prompts me to plant seeds, I plant them through God's direction, and then He will cultivate them. I may never see the harvest from the seeds I plant but I can be assured God is the Master Gardener who will 'work the ground' in the process. I may have a 'black thumb' when it comes to plants but I pray for a 'green thumb' when it comes to people's souls. The words to More Than You'll Every Know are on my heart this morning. I desire to be a friend people know as one they can turn to in 'good' times and 'tough' times. I desire people to know I pray for them and am always ready to lift them up to our Father. I am blessed with people who lift me up to Him. I am blessed with people in my life who love and encourage me greatly not just through their words and actions but also through their prayers. 

Something about just being with you
When I leave I feel like I've been with God
And that's the way it ought to be, yeah

'Cause you've been more then a friend to me
You fight off my enemies
'Cause you've spoken the truth over my life

And you'll never know what it means to me
Just to know you've been on your knees for me
Oh, you have blessed my life

The desire of my heart is for people to feel Jesus' love through me. I desire for people to not just hear about Jesus from my lips but to actually feel His presence when they are around me. I desire for people to know He is not just the King of Kings of my life but the Lord of Lords and they can have the same relationship. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for the blessings I am receiving through Sharon and Marlene's visit! Thank You for the conversation, laughter, and memories we are making! Thank You for blessing them in abundance as they explore my little world! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You flow from my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. May people experience You through me. Thank You in advance for those who will be at the church today working! Thank You for all of the work that will be accomplished! Thank You for the friendships that will be formed and new ones made today during the day ahead! Thank You for so much laughter yesterday that filled my emotional tank! Thank You for Rickey who has brought laughter back into my life! Thank You for old friends and new ones! Thank You for Little Everly's hug last night! Thank You for being with so many who need to feel Your love in a mighty way. My Momma; my sister Linda; my sister Sally; Little Ivy's and her family; June's family; Angela's mother; Pottenger Family; Alison; Trish; TR Brennan's family; our waitress Brandy with her marriage situation; Bradley and his family; and so many others. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Thank You for being Master Gardener! Amen.

No comments: