Monday, May 31, 2021

Ephesians 6:13 - "Overcomer"


I was reading Paul's words in Ephesians 6 this morning about the battles we go through and how we need to have the full armor of God on at all time. This Scripture is not new to me by any means. I learned it as a child and live it out as an adult. The Lord took me to it this morning to remind me He is with me through times as yesterday and again today with the MS tingling. I know He could stop it instantaneously if that were His plan but I also know I have to endure through it until it does quit. Perhaps there is a lesson to be learned for me or for someone else. I'm sure there are many who have an opinion on 'why' I am dealing with it right now but what God tells me is all that matters to me. Yesterday as I watched the wind blow the sand across the beach I thought about how we can't see the wind. We can only see the effects of it. We can't see God but we sure can see the effects of His love. I feel His loving arms wrapped around me as I am on the edge of tears. I hear His voice as He directs me. I see the beauty of His creation and am blessed in abundance. I also know He is with me as I deal with times such as this with MS. This disease is not always seen even when it has to be dealt with. People see a smile on my face and don't know about what is going on in my body. That is the way I have chosen to live. But there are times, such as now, where I ask for prayer because of how hard it is to get through. I praise God this is just a temporary situation in my life. This will pass. I also praise Him there will be no MS in heaven. I will have a new body with no tingling when I get there. Woo hoo! Until that time I have to be strong in Him and allow Him to be My Great Commander as I fight against this disease. Praise God it is not going to take me down. The enemy will look for an open door today to take me down but I refuse to allow that to happen. He does not like what is happening in my life and will do anything to destroy me but I refuse to allow that to happen. The enemy does not want me to stand in God's strength but once again I refuse to allow that to happen. My God is stronger than the enemy. As I wrote yesterday, my God is stronger than MS tingling. The teaching in Ephesians 6 tells us when we put on the full armor of God we will have: truth that defends us, righteousness that fortifies us, peace that protects us, faith that shields us, knowledge that transforms us, and the Holy Spirit in us to conquer whatever comes our way. Woo hoo! We must all be ready every day to be in battle because battles will occur. Sometimes the battles before us will be disease such as MS. Other times the battles will be relationship issues. There are all sorts of battles in life but no matter what we must remember there is victory in our relationship with the Lord. Woo hoo! Mandisa's song Overcomer is on my mind this morning...

You're an overcomer
Stay in the fight ‘til the final round
You're not going under
‘Cause God is holding you right now
You might be down for a moment
Feeling like it's hopeless
That's when He reminds You
That you're an overcomer
You're an overcomer

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for a wonderful service, time with friends, and loving on me so much! Thank You for the beauty of Your creation that blesses me in abundance! Lord, You know I'm struggling with this tingling all over my head. You also know when it will calm down and what I need to do in the process. May You cleanse me so You can fill me with Your wisdom and peace throughout the day ahead. May You be greater than what I am dealing with. Thank You for my time with Glenda and Rogera! You bless me in abundance with people who visit and love on me. Thank You for my church family who continue to love on me and minister with me! Thank You for Rickey who encourages me through our phone conversations! Thank You for friends staying with my Momma! Lord, I pray for Your peace over so many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Risners; Melanie; a friend going through a situation with her job; Sharon Sebolt; Lee; Cait; and so many others. May You be greater than the hurts on this earth. Thank You Jesus for being My Great Commander! Amen.

No comments: