Monday, May 3, 2021

Psalm 145:5 - "Just Be Held"

 

Yesterday was another beautiful day in my little world. The weather was perfect with the sun shining and a breeze. I enjoyed being out in it for the afternoon and evening. This picture I took at Hunting Island looks like a postcard. Sometimes I feel like I have to pinch myself that I really do live here. As a little girl, I would lay in the grass and watch the airplanes go over and wish I could get on one and go see a beach. Now all I have to do is get in the car and drive there. Woo hoo! I was reading Psalm 145 again this morning. Verse five in the VOICE reads: Your majesty and glorious splendor have captivated me;   I will meditate on Your wonders, sing songs of Your worth. This verse reminded me of yesterday as I walked downtown at the waterfront and had "Just Be Held" coming off my lips. I love singing. I love His creation. When I am out in His creation, many times songs flow from my lips. There is a part of this song that goes:

And not a tear is wasted

In time, you’ll understand

I’m painting beauty with the ashes

Your life is in My hands

I am seeing God take the pieces of my life and put them together into something so beautiful. Transformation is something He desires to do for all of us. I am grateful for the way He is restoring my spirit after losing Doc. I am grateful for the way He uses people to encourage me. I am grateful for days like yesterday to have my tank filled up with being out in His creation. I am grateful for where He has me in life and the way He loves on me every day. Plain and simple. I am grateful.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more or You! May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. May people see/hear You instead of me. Thank You for the letter that I am approved again to receive my expensive MS medication free! Thank You for the man who is delivering a donated piano to the church today! When my Momma asked me if I had someone to play it, my response was 'not yet but the Lord will provide.' Lord, You know the needs of our little church and I know You will provide in Your time. Thank You for that knowledge! Father, I pray continued prayers for Pastor Karen's family as they make arrangements today; Little Ivy's family as they continue on the battle with the leukemia; my Momma who is being admitted today for surgery Wednesday; my sister Linda as she continues the recuperation process from surgery; Jack as he awaits surgery tomorrow; and Floetta with the loss of her husband. I also pray for Rickey and Lilly's as they travel today. I pray for Elizabeth, Melanie, and Terri. Lord, You are so awesome in the way You love and encourage me. Yesterday's conversation with Little Bradley about the devil and hell was such a blessing. I love the way children are not afraid to ask questions. Thank You Jesus for being My Captivator! Amen.

No comments: