Saturday, May 22, 2021

James 4:13-15 - "I Know Who Holds Tomorrow"


I could not go to sleep last night for thinking about today and the days ahead. It is weird how when I have to get up to the alarm clock I struggle to go to sleep. If there is something 'big' happening, I struggle to go to sleep. It drives me crazy. Last night I did what I usually do in such circumstances and prayed. I asked God who He wanted me to pray for and He gave me a few people. I prayed for them and then went through my regular list but I was still awake. This morning when the clock went off I saw where Rickey shared the song "I Knows Who Holds Tomorrow" with me during the night. I need to get better at remembering this. There is nothing today God has not already taken care of. There is nothing in my day that will surprise Him. All I need to do is lean into Him and allow Him to work in and through me throughout the day. I need to lean into His strength, wisdom, love, etc. and allow Him to be so real to me. These words say it all...

I don't know about tomorrow
I just live from day to day
I don't borrow from the sunshine
For the skies they turn to grey.

And I don't worry for the future
For I know what Jesus said
And today I'll walk beside him
For he's what lies ahead.

Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.

He is right here with me. He knows what I need and will provide. All I have to do is continue to walk in obedience to His will. It is going to be a long, tiring day with having little sleep but I know God is with me. Yesterday when Nancy said she voted this to be our last sale I agreed. There is so much work that goes into these things. I love going to sales but I sure do not love having one. But today is ahead and having a sale is on the calendar so I must be ready. I must be ready to love with His love and speak life to all around me. I feel like the little engine going up the hill saying "I think I can." I know I will not be able to do this day without His strength. My brain is not going to be functioning on full cylinders with little sleep so I must lean into Him more. I do not have to know what is ahead today or even in the days, weeks, or months ahead. All I have to do is trust Him with every aspect of life.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your strength You will provide in the day ahead! Thank You for the song You gave Rickey to share with me during the night! Thank You for all the ways You encourage me! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout today in a very intentional way. Thank You for being with: my Momma as she got her staples out; my sister Linda as she had an MRI; Erin and Owen with surgeries. Thank You for all who came out to price items yesterday at the church! Nancy; Carol; Jack, Paula, and her friend; Chrissy; Cait and the kids. Thank You for those who will be there today both working and buying! Lord, I pray Your will over this day. I pray You will continue to be with: Little Ivy and her family; Alison; Colleen; Elizabeth; June and her family; Lee; Sharon Martin; one who was found unconscious; and so many others. May we all get better at realizing You already know what is ahead in our lives. May we all get better at walking in obedience to You. Thank You for being My Past, Present, and Future! Amen.

No comments: