Sunday, May 16, 2021

Isaiah 26 - "Never Been A Moment"


God woke me in the middle of the night to pray for pastors who are going through difficult times in their personal lives. Some have health issues themselves or in family members. Some are struggling with where they are in life. Some are questioning if they are to continue pastoring even though it is the only thing they have done in life. I prayed for all to seek God's will. I prayed for everyone to not only pray for His will but to be in relationship with Him so they would hear Him and walk in obedience to Him. I am so thankful for who He is in my life. I am thankful for His wisdom, strength, love, and peace. I was talking with a friend the other day about His peace. We have a mutual friend who does not handle stress in life very well. I told my friend one of the differences in her and us is we have God's peace. That does not mean we don't have times where we fall apart but it does mean those times are few and far between. The more we depend upon God, the more peace we receive. I remember many times when Doc was going through the cancer people would ask me how I could have a smile on my face. My answer was simple. Jesus. He is the One who keeps joy in my heart in such times. He is the One who strengthens my faith in such times. He is the One who knocks the enemy down when he tries to put fear and doubt upon me. Plain and simple. He is the One. I pray for more people to find Him so they can experience Him in the way He desires. Yesterday was so awesome. As I watched the work being done at the church, tears came to my eyes. They were not 'sad' tears but 'joyful' tears. It has been a bit overwhelming lately with the building. The enemy tried once again to take me down but I refuse to allow him. I refuse to not live in God's empowerment. This morning He took me to Isaiah 26 which reminds me of so many things. Verse three reminds me of living in His peace. When I live in His peace on this earth, I will live in His peace for eternity. Woo hoo! The 'junk' of this world will not be present in heaven. Praise His Holy Name! The enemy was kicked out of heaven long ago so he will not have to be a part of eternal life. Praise His Holy Name! I love how The Passion Translation speaks of imagination. The footnote reads:

Isaiah 26:3 Or “steadfast mind.” The Hebrew is yêtser. According to the Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew Lexicon, the Hebrew word yêtsermeans “imagination” that forms and frames up. Imagination frames up one’s reality. It is unfortunate that many today have rejected the God-created imagination that each of us possesses. Our imagination must be set apart for God and continually made holy. The imagination, both good and evil, is a frequent concept in the Bible. The Hebrew word yêtser is found nine times in the Old Testament (Gen. 6:58:21; Deut. 31:211 Chron. 28:929:18; Ps. 103:14; Isa. 26:329:16; Hab. 2:18).

Our entire being, including our mind, must strive to be holy. We must strive to allow God to consume us and trust Him throughout every day of our life. Verse seven assures us God makes our path smooth and level...clear. We must remember these words do not mean life will be perfect. It will have 'tough' days because it is through such times that our faith will grow. The more we trust Him, the deeper our faith will be. I desire to trust Him more. I desire to live the way He desires of me. The only way for to live such a life is to focus on Him and not myself.

You've been the rock
You've been the peace
Always showing your good heart to me
My days are marked by grace I don't deserve, no
You've been the price I could never pay
You've been the light that has led the way
No matter where oh I am, I am sure 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for the opportunity to pray for pastors before going to sleep, during the night, and again this morning! Thank You for giving me the desire in my heart to be who You have called me to be! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! Thank You for being my words, actions, attitude, thoughts, and imagination today! Thank You for everyone who worked yesterday at the building, provided food, and prayed! What a blessing! Thank You for the beautiful weather You provided! Thank You for Marlene and Sharon's visit! Thank You for Rickey who makes me laugh even when I'm so tired! Thank You for the way You are going to speak through me as I preach what You have given me! Thank You for being with all pastors today but especially with those going through times of doubt with their call and ones going through 'tough' days with illness in themselves or a family member! Lord, I continue to pray for: Jack and Paula; my Momma; my sister Linda; my sister Sally; Little Ivy's family; TR and her family; Elizabeth; Melanie; Chrissy; and so many others. I pray for the 'homeless' lady who stopped at the church yesterday to find You. Thank You for Your Holy Spirit that told me to say 'no' to give her money and then confirmation through Alex! Thank You for the way You lead me and the wisdom You give in such times! Thank You for being My Peace! Amen.


No comments: