Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Psalm 145:1-3 - "Trust and Obey"

Last night walking was such a blessing for so many reasons. I had conversations with many neighbors, there was a cool breeze after a hot day, the beauty of God's creation around me with the birds singing, and just the fact that I was walking blessed me in abundance. There have been many days of struggles with the MS. I do not take anything for granted. My eye site, walking, use of my arms, etc. When one has a disease such as MS, you never know if you will wake up fully functioning. But the secret to such a life is trusting God. Sunday we concluded the service singing Trust and Obey. This hymn is so special to me. It was the one we were singing in a revival when I was a little girl and decided it was time to be baptized. Or as my little church friend Annabelle says, 'bap-i-tized'! I am so excited to have the opportunity to baptize her. She will be my first baptism. Her and I share our birthday on August first and now we will share this special time. She has such a servant heart. I see me as a little girl in her. I wanted to help however I could when I saw people doing things and that's how she is. I desired to learn more about Jesus and that's how she is. We, as believers, need to be the right example on how to live so people, both young and old, will desire to live for Him. We need to get better at showing people what a life of living for God is like. As I pray, my prayer list is long with many going through 'tough' days. I am thankful for those who trust God because the burdens they carry are lighter with His love. My heart breaks for those who do not trust Him. They do not have His peace to get through trying times. The first verse of Trust and Obey speaks volumes to me.

When we walk with the Lord 
in the light of his word, 
what a glory he sheds on our way! 
While we do his good will, 
he abides with us still, 
and with all who will trust and obey. 

The knowledge that God is always with me blesses me. He is with me when people say/do hurtful things. He is with me when I feel lonely. I am so blessed by His love, wisdom, and peace that He gives me every day. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, wisdom, and peace that You give me every day! Thank You for Your healing touch You are going to give to my hurting back! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. May people see/hear You instead of me. Thank You for the blessings of taking Marion to lunch with Nancy, Carol, Paula, and Nancy yesterday! She so enjoyed getting out and having interaction with others. Thank You for Dennis who helped me get her into therapy! Father, I pray for her to have the desire in her heart to go to therapy so she can regain what was lost over the last year. Thank You for laughter and conversation with Rickey last night! You bless me in abundance with him in my life. Lord, I continue to pray for so many going through 'tough' days. I pray they will experience You in a new, different way than ever before. May You be their love, wisdom, and peace. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Jack and Paula; Roberta and her family; Chrissy and her family; Bill and Rachel; Elizabeth; Melanie; and many others. During the night You woke me to pray for Jackie with her mother's surgery today; Theresa; and Jennifer and the kids as they travel to Ohio. May they all feel Your presence today in a mighty way. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Trust! Amen.

No comments: