Thursday, May 13, 2021

Psalm 23 - "Fires"




Yesterday was one of 'those' days where I just wanted to cry. I wanted to throw up my hands and go back to bed but of course I did not. God prepared me for the day by giving me Kari Jobe's song "I Am Not Alone" so I should have known there would be challenges throughout the day. He also started my day with Psalm 18 which reminded me about how David not just got through times with his enemies attacking but he praised God through such times. The stage was set and I pray my performance throughout the day was one He was proud of. The appointment to have taxes done was a nightmare but thankfully turned out ok. The class I thought was starting next week instead of yesterday ended up being cancelled. Receiving a phone call about my sister needing a heart cath was a little unnerving. Failing to get Marion to go to exercise made me feel terrible. The drive back after seeing Marion was challenging with all the water on the road and the rain falling. Leaving the house in the morning and not returning until bedtime made for a long day. This morning God reminded me of the song "Fires" which blesses me greatly...

I remember how You told me 
That life may not be easy 
And everything that I need 
You've already given me 

I remember how You told me 
I can trust You completely 
So why am I doubting 
When You proved that You'd fight for me 

You've walked me through fires 
Pulled me from flames 
If You're in this with me 
I won't be afraid 


What a blessing for this reminder that God is with me through 'tough' days like yesterday. I know it but I will admit sometimes I need reminded. He also directed me to read Psalm 23 this morning. Praise His Holy Name! I love verses two through four in The Passion Translation.

He offers a resting place for me in his luxurious love.
    His tracks take me to an oasis of peace near the quiet brook of bliss.
That’s where he restores and revives my life.
    He opens before me the right path
    and leads me along in his footsteps of righteousness
    so that I can bring honor to his name.
Even when your path takes me through
    the valley of deepest darkness,
    fear will never conquer me, for you already have!
    Your authority is my strength and my peace.
    The comfort of your love takes away my fear.
    I’ll never be lonely, for you are near.

Luxurious love...oasis of peace. Woo hoo! This Psalm is another one David penned to praise God. David realized God was with him no matter what happened in his life. That is something we all need to realize. There are going to be days like yesterday where we want to run away or go back to bed. There will be days where we do not want to do life. There will be decisions to be made and tasks to be accomplished that will be overwhelming. But the important thing to remember is we do not have to fear such days. All we have to do is realize God's authority is my strength and my peace. Woo hoo! God did not bring me this far to fail. He did not put me here in Beaufort South Carolina to quit being the lady He has called me to be. He will be exactly what I need Him to be for me to thrive. I desire to bring honor to His name as verse three reads. I desire for Him to anoint me with the fragrance of your Holy Spirit every day of my life. I desire to live in relationship with Him where He opens before me the right path
and leads me along in his footsteps of righteousness. Plain and simple, I desire life with Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder of Psalm 23 to praise You through 'tough' days! Thank You for being near me throughout the day yesterday when life seemed to be falling apart! Of course, it wasn't but there were moments where I know the enemy was trying to get into my day. Thank You for: my time with Marion; Bible study last night; being with my Momma for the rehab meeting; being with Sally as she prepares for another heart cath; Bill being discharged from the hospital; Marlene and Sharon having safe travels; the rain we received yesterday; Nancy's husband having successful surgery; the hug from Ms Carol last night; and the encouraging words from Rickey to end my long day! Thank You in advance for being with: Jack at his appointment today; Cait as she awaits an appointment; Little Ivy's family as they continue the journey with leukemia in her little body; June's family with her great nephew's health issues; and an unspoken request I have! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. As Psalm 23:5 says, you give me all I can drink of you until my cup overflows. Woo hoo! Thank You Jesus for Your Word that encourages me greatly! Last night in Bible study we talked about how we never know everything there is to know from Your Word. You open our hearts up to new things every time we open it. Praise Your Holy Name for this knowledge! Lord, I do not know what is ahead in this day but I know You do and for that I am grateful. I am so thankful You know everything and I do not have to know anything other than You. There is freedom in this knowledge that I pray for more people to realize. Thank You for being My Authority! Amen.

No comments: