Thursday, May 6, 2021

Daniel 12:3 - "Fires"


On the way home from Bible study I pulled off the road to take a picture of the beautiful sunset. It was an emotional day with my Momma having surgery and me not being with her. The enemy tried like crazy to get an open door but I prayed throughout the day to stand against him. This sunset was a gift from God to end the day. I love the study we are doing through Matthew. Chapter thirteen is full of parables that take on new meaning every time I study them. Last night we discussed how the enemy tries everything he can to tear believers down. He pulls out all the stops to work against God and His people. Spiritual warfare is real. The enemy does not like what is happening in my life and the life of the Beaufort Church of the Nazarene. He is fighting like crazy to do all he can do to cause havoc. He brings up past hurts and failures to try to tear us down. He imitates God to the point people think he is God but he is not. We must stand firm in our faith. God desires us to plant seeds of the Gospel everywhere we go and then allow Him to nurture those seeds. Too many times we will get ahead of God because we want things to go faster. We must remember that everything needs to be in God's time. We talked last night about how many times we said and heard 'in God's time' when it came to the church building. Now we are in the church building and desire to have things go faster. We desire to start programs but we do not want to do anything before God's time. I continue to pray for God to reveal His plan to us. As we wait on His time, I pray we will do as He so desires of us. I pray we will plant seeds no matter where we go. God wants our area to know His holiness. He desires people to realize a life of righteousness. We never know when we will be the only one to plant a seed in someone's life. We must stay focused on God so we do not miss any opportunity to love with His love. We must realize and remember life is not about us but about God. As we live in this manner, He will bless us in abundance. After being blessed with the beautiful sunset on the way home last night I was feeling renewed in my spirit. Then the enemy hit again and tried to make me feel like a failure. I cried out to God once again but the fight with the enemy was so real. Tears fell. Anger tried to take over but I refused to allow the enemy to win. My God is greater than the 'junk' of this world. My God is the Only One I need to answer to. My God will continue to provide exactly what I need when I need. Praise His Holy Name! I do not want to be dim for God but desire to shine bright for Him. It is up to me to stay in His Word, reading and studying; be in prayer; loving people as He desires; etc. in order to shine brightly for Him. As Glenda said in Bible study, when we are dim it is not because of anything God does but what we do. John Gill wrote of Daniel 12:3:

And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament,.... That are wise, not in things natural and civil, but in things spiritual; who are wise unto salvation; that are wise to know themselves, their state and condition by nature; their impurity and impotence; the insufficiency of their own righteousness; the exceeding sinfulness of sin, and the dangerous circumstances they are in; that are wise to know Christ, and him crucified; to believe in him, and trust in him for everlasting life and salvation: these at the resurrection shall shine, both in body and soul; their bodies shall be fashioned like to the glorious body of Christ; their souls shall be filled with perfect light and knowledge, and be completely holy, without any sin upon them; and this light and glory that will be upon both soul and body will be like the brightness of the heavens when the sun is risen; yea, it will be like the brightness and glory of the sun itself, as our Lord affirms...

I want to be wise in spiritual things and when I am I will shine brightly for Him. The desire of my heart is to be Christ-like. The more I strive to live in this manner, the more the enemy comes knocking at my door. The struggle is real. The enemy uses people and circumstances to try to knock us down but as we trust God and stand grounded in our faith he will not win. He cannot win over God unless we allow him. I refuse to fall into the traps of the enemy. I am reminded this morning of the song Jordan St. Cyr sings called "Fires"...

I remember how You told me
That life may not be easy
And everything that I need
You've already given me

I remember how You told me
I can trust You completely
So why am I doubting
When You proved that You'd fight for me

You've walked me through fires
Pulled me from flames
If You're in this with me
I won't be afraid

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the beautiful sunset last night on my way home from Bible study! Thank You for loving me so greatly that You empower me to stand against the tactics of the enemy! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout the day ahead. May You give me what I need physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually to not just get through today but to be who You have called me to be. Lord, my heart is heavy with some situations and people who are trying to cause havoc in my life. May You speak clearly to me and give me Your words and attitude with these situations. May You be greater than the hurt put upon me. Lord, I continue to pray for: Jack and my Momma who had surgery this week; Little Ivey and her family; Pastor Karen's family; Little Jackson who is showing signs of improvement and off the vent; Carol and her family with the upcoming anniversary of Lisa's death; Cait with grad school; my friends Elizabeth, Melanie, and Clay; and many others. Lord, thank You for the way You brought the sermon together for Sunday. Thank You for those who pray for me! Thank You for those who encourage me like Rickey through texts and calls! Thank You for giving me the desire of my heart to shine brightly for You! Thank You for Will who took items from here to the church for the sale! Father, thank You for being My Provider! Amen.

No comments: