Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Psalm 23:6; II Timothy 1:7 - "Hold Onto Me"


I woke up this morning again to words to Lauren Daigle's Hold Onto Me. These words keep going through my mind...

When I start to break in desperation
Underneath the weight of expectation
Hold on to me
Hold on to me

Hold on to me when it's too dark to see You
When I am sure I have reached the end
Hold on to me when I forget I need You
When I let go, hold me again

I have to get better at trusting God and allowing Him to get me through 'tough' days. I have lived II Timothy 1:7 out over the last two years over and over again. The empowerment of the Holy Spirit is what saw me through 'tough' days with Doc's cancer and death. He is what encouraged me to keep on the path God has me on. I do not have to worry about what is going to happen today or tomorrow. I must bask in His presence and allow Him free reign of my life. I do not have to second guess the decisions I make when He is the One to make them for me. Woo hoo! As I have said many times from the pulpit, the sermons are not just for those listening but for me too. He has focused on loving with His love, trusting Him, being Christ-like so people will realize Him through us, etc. over the last few months. There is a reason for that. He wants all of us to live as He desires. I love how He brought the sermon altogether yesterday. I could hardly type fast enough to keep up with His thoughts. What a blessing! 

If my God can do that, my God can do anything. 
If my God can take a blank piece of paper and turn it into a sermon, my God can do anything. If my God provides a piano, He will provide someone to play it. 
If my God puts the idea in two people's minds to paint the exterior of the church, my God will provide workers to make it happen. 
If my God started a restoration in my spirit, my God will continue it. 
If my God desires to use me as His willing servant, my God will move me in the direction needed to grow the church not just in numbers but especially in spiritual lives.

I am standing on these statements today as I start another day of life. What a blessing to be where He has me in life. Yes, I am widow and no I do not like it but it is where He has me for this moment. I do not know when or how life will change but I know it will because it always changes. The important thing we must do is be ready for change. Some changes in life are hard to get through while others are exciting. No matter what the change, God is always with us.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me through the changes of life! Thank You for the knowledge You are always with me! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! Thank You for the beauty of Your creation that encourages me to move more! Thank You for friends who encourage me through texts, calls, cards, hugs, etc! Thank You for bringing Rickey into my life! What a blessing he is to talk with and be encouraged by. Thank You for: Ellsworth's with safe travels; Mary Lilley's doctor appointment; being with a young lady as she finishes out her senior exams and project; bringing the sermon altogether yesterday; and the way You are going to direct me today! Father, I continue to pray for: my Momma, sister Linda, and Jack with recuperation from surgeries; Little Ivy and her family; Bradley with the loss of his Momma; Pastor Karen's family as they experienced another loss yesterday; Chrissy's son Josh; John and Carol during these tough days with the anniversary of Lisa's death; one diagnosed with prostate cancer yesterday; Gay's daughter as she awaits biopsy results; Carletta; Bill Watts as he has surgery today; and many who are struggling spiritually. May You be greater than the hurts of their hearts. May You draw all of us closer to You. Thank You for being The One To Hold Me 24/7! Amen.

No comments: