Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Luke 12:25-26 - "Sparrows"


I went to sleep with the song "Sparrows" on my mind and woke up with it this morning. These words are ones that I am leaning into in a mighty way.

You can’t add a single day by worrying
You’ll worry your life away
Oh, don’t worry your life away
You can’t change a single thing by freaking out
It’s just going to close you in
Oh, don’t let the trouble win

You may feel alone
But you’re not on your own

(Lalala Lalalala)
If He can hold the world, He can hold this moment
(Lalala Lalalala)
Not a field or flower escapes His notice
Oh, even the sparrow knows

There is so much going on in my little world with multiple family members with health issues, end of the church year activities, upcoming dedication service of the building, etc. I am thankful for God reminding me that I do not have to worry about anything but just need to lean into Him. He already knows the outcome of every day. All I have to do is walk in obedience to His will. The only way that can happen is by staying focused on Him. I am so enjoying my Tuesday night class with pastors. Last night's focus on priorities is one I needed. With all of the changes in my life I need to make sure God stays as my Number One Priority. I am so blessed by Him every day and thankful for all of the ways He encourages me through people, songs, circumstances, etc. He blessed me with protection when deer were out this morning and with crazy drivers on the road. He blessed me yesterday and I know He will bless me today. I do not have to worry but instead can live in His peace as I stay focused on Him. When the enemy tries to bring crabbiness into my life, I need to remember God is not a God of crabbiness but a God of peace. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for Joshua taking my trash! Thank You for my time with Chrissy, her Mom, and a new friend over breakfast yesterday and a nice visit with Mary! Thank You for encouraging me through Rickey! Yesterday was filled with texts from friends and for that I am grateful. This morning Ms Savone's text was priceless! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be seen/heard through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout this day. I'm so tired physically but thankful You will continue to be my strength throughout the day ahead. I continue to pray for: my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Gay and her family; Melanie; Elizabeth; Jackie; Jack and Paula; Cait, and so many others. I also pray for Pastor Ted with the loss of his sister. Thank You Jesus for being My Number One Priority! Amen.

No comments: