Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Colossians 1:17; Ephesians 6 - "Move"

I woke up with Toby Mac's song Move going through my mind. I thought about the times I felt this way and how I reacted to life and God through such times.

I know your heart's been broke again
I know your prayers ain't been answered yet
I know you're feeling like you got nothing left
Well, lift your head, it ain't over yet, ain't over yet so

Move, keep walkin' soldier keep movin' on
Move, keep walkin' until the mornin' comes
Move, keep walkin' soldier keep movin' on
And lift your head, it ain't over yet, ain't over yet

My heart breaks for Matt and Carrie who are dealing with Little Ivy's leukemia. It breaks for several who are battling disease in themselves or loved ones. We pray for miracles yet sometimes they do not happen. What we must remember is God answers all our prayers. They may not be in the manner we desire but He answers all of them. Sometimes we do not even know how to pray. There have been many times in my life when I didn't know how to pray so I would just say 'Jesus' and feel His peace. There have been many times where I felt like I could not handle one more thing yet God was there with His strength. He is always there with His wisdom when we can't seem to think clearly. He is always there with His empowerment to get us through each and every day. Paul wrote about the supremacy of Jesus in Colossians 1. Matthew Henry described Jesus as: All fulness dwells in him; a fulness of merit and righteousness, of strength and grace for us. This knowledge gives us hope when we feel like our prayers are not being answered. His strength is always there for us. I am so grateful for this knowledge. When I feel like I have no words left to pray, I am grateful for His name being enough. Jesus. Jesus. Jesus. There is strength in His name. There is hope in His name. The enemy will not give up fighting for our souls but praise His Holy Name our God is greater than the enemy. Sometimes the enemy's attacks keep coming, one after another. But God's love is there protecting me from the attacks. His love is there to keep me strong. I am reminded of the pieces of armor from Ephesians 6 that we all need to wear daily. The helmet of salvation, the breastplate of righteousness, the belt of truth, the shield of faith, the shoes of peace, the sword of the spirit, and prayer. We can be protected by these every day. Oh how I pray for more people to realize this and live for Him.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for the rest You provided yesterday, for Rickey being in my life, and for another day of life! Cleanse me so You can use me as You desire. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a new, different way. May people see/hear You through me. I pray strength over those who are praying and feel like You are not hearing their prayers. I pray peace over those going through 'tough' days. Most of all I pray for all to allow You to be their King of Kings and Lord of Lords. I pray for: my Momma; my sisters Linda and Sally; Pastor Sylvia; Alison; Elizabeth; Melanie; Pottenger Family; Erin; Mark and Lisa; and so many others going through 'tough' times. May we all lean into You through every day. May we all realize what You desire of us to receive. Thank You Jesus for being My Protector! Amen.

No comments: