Thursday, May 20, 2021

Colossians 1:12 - "Famous For (I Believe)"


This picture has so much history behind it, so many memories made, and so much of God's love, mercy, and grace represented. What a blessing to have Marlene and Sharon with me for a few days. I have been on an emotional roller coaster over the last few months. It is friends who have kept me grounded. Phone calls, visits, little gifts, taking me out to eat, etc. have blessed me in abundance. Old friends and new friends are blessings to me. My 'tribe' take care of me, pray for me, love on me, etc. I am one blessed lady! I was reminded of this through the song "Famous For (I Believe)" this morning.

There is no fear 'cause I believe
There is no doubt 'cause I have seen
Your faithfulness, my fortress
Over and over

I have a hope found in Your name
I have a strength found in Your grace
Your faithfulness, my fortress
Over and over

I am blessed by God's love! I am blessed by the knowledge He is with me no matter what is happening in life! I am blessed by His empowerment over the enemy! Plain and simple. I am blessed by Him every moment of every day. He is with me at all time. For that I am grateful. I also am grateful for the wisdom He gives me to make right decisions and His peace once decisions are made. I do not have to fear anything that is happening. All I have to do is stay in His presence so I can not only hear His voice but walk in obedience to it. I love the words Paul wrote in Colossians 1. Verse twelve in The Passion Translation has such richness. We all need to be grateful for what God has done and continues to do in us. When we are living in the light, we will be filled with His love, joy, peace, wisdom, etc. Woo hoo! God reminded me of this as I finished the sermon for Sunday. His faithfulness to us is such a gift. I am so blessed as I open up His gifts every day. Oh how I pray for more people to experience His gifts.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for old friends and new ones! Thank You for Rickey being in my life! He is such an encouragement to me, especially in the 'tough' days. Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. Thank You for Alex who took care of my tires yesterday! Thank You for my conversation with my Momma this morning! May You continue to give her what she needs. I pray the same for: my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Jack and Paula; Little Ivy and her family; Cait; Alison; Lee; Elizabeth; Melanie; Terri; Jodi; Chrissy; Gay and Doug's daughter Kristen; Pottenger Family; June; and so many others going through 'tough' days. May You be greater than the hurts of life. Thank You for Will's talk yesterday! What a blessing You gave me through him and Sandy! Thank You for the safe delivery of Val's grandson! Thank You Jesus for being My Faithfulness! Amen.

No comments: