Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Psalm 18 - "I Am Not Alone"


The Lord woke me with the direction to read Psalm 18. David wrote this song after one of the many times God delivered him from his enemies. I wonder if David got tired of being attacked by his enemies. I wonder if he ever felt like he was going to fall apart when the hits came one after another. I know there have been times in my life where I felt that way. I am grateful for the way God always is with me. My heart is heavy as I pray for several people who are going through 'tough' days. Some of them seem to be under attack by the enemy. There are some who I think God is trying to get their attention. No matter if it is the enemy or God when going through such times we must lean into God and seek His will in our life. We must remember we are not alone in this life but He is with us at time. This morning I am reminded of Kari Jobe's song "I Am Not Alone" and pray for all on my prayer list to realize this.

When I walk through deep waters
I know that You will be with me
When I'm standing in the fire
I will not be overcome
Through the valley of the shadow
I will not fear

In the midst of deep sorrow
I see Your light is breaking through
The dark of night will not overtake me
I am pressing into You
Lord, You fight my every battle
And I will not fear

I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me
I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me

David wrote Psalm 18 with hope in his heart. He trusted God and knew God was with him. I love verse three in The Passion TranslationAll I need to do is to call on you, Yahweh, the praiseworthy God. When I do, I’m safe and sound in you—delivered from my foes! David was confident God was with him. He was confident that when he called on God, He would be there. We need to have that same confidence. I do not know how people get through life without God. I would be lost. He is my Constant Companion throughout the day and night. Many times He wakes me in the middle of the night to pray for someone, to give me a word, to encourage me, etc. Throughout the day He blesses me in abundance through people, music, circumstances, etc. I am one blessed lady! Verses twenty-two and twenty-three speak volumes as to how we are to live.

For I’ve kept my eyes focused on his righteous words,
    and I’ve obeyed everything that he’s told me to do.
23 I’ve been blameless before him and followed all his ways,
    keeping my heart pure.

I strive to stay focused on God and what He desires of me every moment. I strive to live out His will for my life. The only way I can do that is live where I not only hear His voice but I walk in obedience to Him. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Psalm 18 that encourages me greatly! Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for my tribe who love on my dearly! I am one blessed lady! I pray for many who are going through 'tough' days to feel Your presence. I pray You will be greater than the hurts of life. May people realize Your love to a greater degree today. I continue to pray for: my Momma; my sister Linda; Little Ivy and her family; Little Bradley with the loss of his mother; Cait; Steve and another man who were recently diagnosed with prostate cancer; Elizabeth; Trish; Pastor Karen's family with another loss; Chrissy's son Josh; John and Carol; Allison who had surgery yesterday and Nancy's husband with surgery today; Pete and Delores; Terri; the group from Kingsway going on a mission trip; my friends in Jerusalem with the unrest; and so many others. Lord, be greater than what is happening in their lives. Thank You for Pastor Bill Watts​ successful heart surgery! Thank You for watching over my family as we are so far apart! Thank You for Rickey and his words of encouragement when I feel like I am at the end of my strength! Thank You for being my strength...mentally, physically, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually! Thank You for being My Constant Companion! Amen.

No comments: