Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Luke 6:46-49 - "Build My Life"

I woke up this morning with the lyrics to Build My Life going through my mind. This song could be considered my life song. 

And I will build my life upon Your love, it is a firm foundation
And I will put my trust in You alone and I will not be shaken
And I will build my life upon Your love, it is a firm foundation
And I will put my trust in You alone and I will not be shaken...

His love is what life needs to be grounded in. When it is, our trust in Him in unshakable. Woo hoo! As we live for Him we will experience more of Him. The more we experience Him, the more others will also experience Him. As a believer, it is so important for my life to be built upon Him so others will see Him through me. As a pastor, that is even more important. I loved the John Maxwell training last night. So much insight was received. I need to get better at being growth conscious and not goal conscious. As I do I know I will be a better person and be better at allowing God to use me as He desires. I loved 'goals challenge me but growth changes me.' Woo hoo! Change is good. Change is something we all need to experience and embrace. When we live with God as our foundation, our life will be one where challenges will be faced with His strength, wisdom, peace, and empowerment. Such a life will give us confidence in Him. Woo hoo! Pat Barrett wrote about how this song is about the man in Luke 6 who built his house upon the rock and stood against the storm that came in. "This really is a reminder for us that we can build our life on anything, we have the freedom to build our life on whatever we want. And the invitation of Jesus is to build our lives on things that last.” We all have a choice to make on how we live our life. God gives us a freewill so we can make our own decisions. When He is our foundation, He will be a part of the choices we make. He will be the One we trust as we make decisions. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for giving us freewill and for being part of our decisions when we allow You! Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday to love with Your love and the ones ahead today! Thank You for training last night and the seeds that were planted in my mind! Thank You for challenging me to be a better person! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. Lord, thank You so much for Rickey who encourages me greatly! Thank You for all who check on me, pray for me, love on me, etc! Thank You for being with me every step in the day ahead! Lord, my heart breaks for many going through 'tough' days. I pray they all will realize You to a greater extent through these days. My Momma; my sisters Linda and Sally; Pastor Sylvia; Cait; Gay and Doug's daughter Kristen; Pottenger Family; Terri; Alison; Elizabeth; Pete and Delores; Little Ivy's family; TR Brennan; Trish; Elizabeth; Melanie; Steve; Little Bradley with the death of his Mommy; Clay; Lee Fritter; and so many others. I pray for my unspoken request to be answered in Your time as You see fit. Thank You Jesus for being My Foundation! Amen.

No comments: