Sunday, May 2, 2021

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 - "Just Be Held"



Seasons of life are something we all go through. We have to make the decision on how we will go through them. Will we lean into God and His strength or will we try to go through them on our own? Will we allow Him to guide us through making decisions and trust Him in the process? Will we allow Him to love us through the 'tough' days and live in His peace? When we allow God to be a part of our life, our days will definitely be different. There will still be days with tears but the tears will be healing ones. There will still be days of feeling like you are falling apart but God is there holding You. I am reminded of Casting Crowns song Just Be Held...

Hold it all together
Everybody needs you strong
But life hits you out of nowhere
And barely leaves you holding on

And when you're tired of fighting
Chained by your control
There's freedom in surrender
Lay it down and let it go

So when you're on your knees and answers seem so far away
You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held
Your world's not falling apart, it's falling into place
I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held
Just be held, just be held

I can relate to this song so much. Life can be challenging and there are days when I wonder 'why?' the challenges just keep coming one after another. Then God reminds me it is in the challenging days that my faith grows deeper. Woo hoo! Praise His Holy Name! He is always with me and will never leave me. Woo hoo! I am so grateful for that knowledge. I am grateful I do not have to make any decision on my own but know He already knows the outcome. I am grateful for the way He answers prayers.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for a beautiful day yesterday! Thank You for the little girl who talked to us and gave us hugs! I pray blessings over her and her family as they vacation. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me. May there be nothing between You and I. May You flow from my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today especially as I present the sermon You put on my heart. I pray for all pastors who are preaching today to be open to the Holy Spirit. I pray the words You desire to be spoken. Lord, my heart breaks for Pastor Karen's family yet I know the angels are rejoicing with her no longer suffering but instead being with You in heaven. It breaks for Floretta whose husband Lewis also left this earth yesterday. Once again, I know the angels are rejoicing but oh my does my heart hurt. I pray for Gary who is battling COVID in the hospital. I pray Your strength over him, Little Ivy's family, my Momma, my sister Linda, Jack, and so many others going through challenging days. Lord, be greater than the challenges of life! Thank You for being The One To Hold Me! Amen.

No comments: