Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Romans 6:23; John 14:6 - "I Wanna Go Back"


Throughout the night the Lord woke me several times to the words of "I Wanna Go Back" and had me praying for those who have fallen out of relationship with Him.

I wanna go back to Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me, for the Bible tells me so.
I wanna go back to this little light, gonna let it shine, gonna let it shine, I wanna go...


There are many I can think of that were raised in families with good morals, went to church, prayed together, etc. yet they have taken a different path in life. Some will say they were pushed by their parents to have Jesus in their life. Isn't that what parents are suppose to do with their children? Give them the right direction to take in life? Aren't parents supposed to make sure their children are being raised knowing what life is all about? Jesus tells us in John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." If we expect to see our loved ones for eternity, we must share His love with them. Then we must pray they will accept Him into their heart and live a life of obedience to Him. It does not matter what we do as parents there may be times where our children waive off in a different direction than what they were taught. Once they are adults we must remember they are responsible for their own actions but we must never quit praying for them. This morning I am praying for...

  • those who have fallen out of relationship with God
  • ones who are sitting on the fence, playing the game of one day being in relationship with Him and then the next dabbing in worldly pleasures not of Him
  • parents of prodigals that hurt so deeply
  • those who are hurting by the decisions being made by loved ones as they watch them go further away from their upbringing
My prayers go deep for all of these ones who are hurting. The more I read and understand God's Word, the more I realize the need for not only salvation but also sanctification. There is no need to sin. Our sin was wiped away by Jesus' death on the cross. Sin brings about death but living in obedience to God's will brings life. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunities of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. I am sorry if I missed some yesterday but I pray for a more intense focus today so it does not happen again. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for wisdom and clarity as I continue on my exegetical paper. Lord, may You become my thoughts as I write. I pray for my friend as she awaits her biopsy results to experience Your peace in a brand new way. I also pray for those who need to reconcile in their relationships to have open minds to Your will. Thank You Jesus for being My Way, Truth, and Life. Amen.

No comments: