Friday, May 11, 2018

Psalm 19 - "The More I Seek You"

The Lord took me back to Psalm 19 again today. I love when He does that because it makes me realize I missed something or there is something I grasped that He needs me to think about more. As I read it I stopped at verses seven through nine...

The revelation of God is whole
    and pulls our lives together.
The signposts of God are clear
    and point out the right road.
The life-maps of God are right,
    showing the way to joy.
The directions of God are plain
    and easy on the eyes.
God’s reputation is twenty-four-carat gold,
    with a lifetime guarantee.
The decisions of God are accurate
    down to the nth degree.


The words "whole...clear...right...plain...accurate..." are all positive words. God brings positive into our lives. He brings clarity where once was fuzziness. He brings good where once there was bad. Once we accept Him into our hearts we need to continue to seek more of Him. That can be accomplished by starting every day with prayer asking Him to cleanse us and fill us. Verses twelve through fourteen says it all...


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Thank You for loving me so greatly. Thank You for taking me back to Psalm 19 to reiterate the importance of starting each day with a cleansing in my spirit. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. I also pray for Your wisdom as I work on my final paper. May You take me to the right resources that will enable me to grasp this scripture from Paul. Lord, be with those who wake up this morning and are feeling like they are all alone in life. May they find You in the midst of the 'junk' that is happening in their life. Thank You Jesus for being My Altar-Rock! Amen.

No comments: