Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Philippians 4:4-7 - "Healer"

The words to a song Kari Jobe sings are on my mind this morning as I pray for so many who are going through tough days.

You hold my every moment
You calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire
And heal all my disease
I trust in You, I trust in You

I pray for those not in relationship with God to find Him so they will have the strength He can give. I pray for all of these ones to know His peace in the midst of their storm.

  • Nada who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer
  • Nancy who is awaiting biopsy results for breast cancer
  • John who will soon start chemo for leukemia
  • My Momma with the pneumonia that lingers in her lungs
  • Paula with extreme pain
  • Ruby with physical issues
  • Two families who need restoration in their relationship
  • Kenny as he awaits eye surgery
  • Carletta with financial needs after going through multiple health issues
  • Mark who continues to rehab after knee surgery
  • Michelle as she goes through medical testing
  • A depressed friend and his family
The Lord reminded me of Paul's writings in Philippians. In chapter four Paul gives direction to us on how to get through tough situations. We are to: rejoice; not be anxious; and pray. When we do these things, He will give us peace. I am grateful for the way He enables me to keep my focus on Him when I do these things. I also am grateful for the knowledge that when I pray, He answers. His answer is not always what I desire nor in the timing I prefer but He answers.

There are so many people who are hurting and need healed. The ultimate healing comes from the Lord. He is the one to heal our physical, mental, emotional, financial, and spiritual beings. His healing is the best thing that can ever happen to us. Oh how I pray for first a spiritual healing in people and then all of the rest of their being. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for bringing people to my mind to pray for today. Thank You for loving me so greatly that You trust me to be a prayer warrior. Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Thank You for the work I achieved on my paper yesterday and the wisdom You will provide to continue on it today. I pray for Doc's test today to be fine to enable him to have the next surgery. I pray the results of yesterday's meeting for the building permits will have Your favor so we can start construction. Once again, I pray for those who need Your touch today. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You as I go throughout this day. May You be my words, actions, and attitude today in a greater way than ever before. Thank You Jesus for being My Healer. Amen.

No comments: