Saturday, May 26, 2018

Philippians 2:5-9 - "Resurrection Power"


I woke up this morning with the words to "Resurrection Power" going through my mind. The Lord knew I needed to this reminder...

That I'm dressed in Your royalty
Your Holy Spirit lives in me
And I see my past has been redeemed
The new has come

Now I have resurrection power
Living on the inside
Jesus, You have given us freedom
I'm no longer bound by sin and darkness
Living in the light of Your goodness
You have given us freedom

Yes! I am no longer in chains to the enemy. I have God's empowerment to knock him down. The fight with him is real but I am "dressed" in God's royalty with His Spirit inside me. The life I live gives me freedom to not only walk with God but to have His power within me. I keep praying for more of Him so that power will grow and not diminish. Some days are so, so hard in this battle. I always thought the daily battle with MS was hard but it is a piece of cake compared to the battle with the enemy. I get tired but then the Lord encourages me. I get ready to give up and then He reminds me I am not in this battle alone. There are times I get angry and the Lord shows me it is ok to have righteous anger. Sometimes I even get fearful but it is in those times He draws me closer to Him. "Resurrection Power" is something I can not live without. I am grateful for the way He empowers me because I know I could never do this life on my own strength. Today I am praying for those who do not know Him to have someone say or do something to open the doors into a relationship with Him. I also am praying for those who know Him yet are not in full relationship with Him to have the door of intimacy with Him opened. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder of Your empowerment in me. Thank You for dying on the cross and raising again so I could live. Thank You for cleansing me today so You can fill me up with You. Lord, You know the hurts of my heart and I pray it is in Your will to be the soothing balm over them. You also know the desires of my heart and I pray it will be in Your will to see they become life. Lord, use me in a mighty way today as Your humble servant. Be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day in a new way. I pray relief for Doc with the pain he is experiencing. I also pray for peace for him during these tough days. Lord, may You continue to guide us on the path You so desire. Thank You for being My "Resurrection Power"! Amen.

No comments: