Friday, May 18, 2018

Romans 6:15-18 - "Busted Heart (Hold On To Me)"


I woke up during the night and again this morning with words to "Busted Heart (Hold On To Me)" going through my mind. I immediately started praying for people who need to die to self and allow God to reign in their heart. I prayed for them to have someone say or do something to change their heart. It is not an easy step to take when life is going 'well' but life can be so much better when one realizes they truly are not in total control of their lives. Only God can be in total control. He gives us free choice and we have to choose Him over worldly things. That may mean we lose 'friends' or it may mean we 'suffer' but in the end it means spending eternity with the Lord instead of in the pit of hell. 

Hold on to me, hold on to me
Don't let me lose my way
Hold on to me


I see too many people who 'know' Him yet they refuse to allow Him to have control over their life. They refuse the benefits of walking obedience. I remember when I was in their shoes. I went to church, read my Bible, prayed...all of the things one should do when in relationship with the Lord. The thing that was missing was the biggest step of all of dying to self and saying 'YES' to walking a life of obedience. One needs to go beyond salvation and allow Him to have total control of every breathe we take, every action we make, every word we say, every thought that goes through our mind...everything. Until one gets to this point in life these words will be a part of their life...

Winter has come back again
Feels like the season won't end
My faith is dying tonight
And I won't try to pretend


'Winter' can be a time of death to many plants. It can be a time of misery if one lives in a cold climate. But it also can be a time of renewal as snow falls and makes everything look clean and fresh. But just as the snow melts and things get muddy and ugly so is a person's life who is not cleansed by the Holy Spirit. Today I am praying for those who need a renewal in their spirit, for those who need salvation and especially those who need to take the step of living a sanctified life for the Lord. One no longer needs to sin. All it takes is taking the step to allowing the Holy Spirit to live in their life. Paul tells us in Romans 6 that once we become slaves to righteousness we no longer have to be slaves to sin. That is the life I have chosen and am grateful for. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday as we spent time together laughing and enjoying one another. Thank You for the blessings ahead in this day. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing so all who hear/see me will hear/see You. I pray for the events of this day with my doctor appointment and another appointment. I also pray for the tweaking that I will do on my paper before submitting it. May You continue to give me Your wisdom. I pray for my friend who is talking with the doctor today about the next step with her breast cancer. May You continue to give her Your peace throughout these days. I also pray for Paula to have Your strength as she continues to struggle with pain on their trip. Lord, be greater than the pain for her so she can enjoy today. Thank You Jesus for being My Greater. Amen.



No comments: