Thursday, May 3, 2018

Psalm 30:11-12 - "Trading My Sorrows"


Darkness....ugliness....selfishness...despair...
Sometimes the actions of others and the circumstances we must deal with can be overwhelming. It seems like God is so far away. We cry out to Him pleading for Him to change the circumstances yet it seems like He ignores our cries. Emotions run high, things come out of mouths that are not the norm, families are torn apart, friendships are severed. It is during these times the enemy is having a hay day. He is winning in the fight for souls. People who claim to know the Lord are showing traits not of Him. Instead they allow the enemy to cause havoc in not only their life but the lives of others. When will it end? When will God be first in people's lives? I prayed throughout the night for situations such as this. I asked God to come back soon before more succumbed to the enemy's way. I was reminded that God does not want anyone to perish. Therefore, He is giving chances for people to come into relationship with Him. Some need to get to the end of themselves and allow Him to have control back of their lives. If He returned right this moment, there would be some who may be surprised at where they would spend eternity. There are some who would rather be evil to those in their little world than to listen to His voice. I am crushed. I am saddened. My heart breaks to see situations that do not have to be. This morning the Lord took me to Psalm 30. The first five verses speak of David praising God for deliverance. I know of some people who need to be in the place of being able to praise Him. At this point, the darkness is overwhelming. Praising Him is so hard to do even through they know it is something they should do. But how do you praise Him when you are being overtaken by evilness of others? How do you come out from under the cloud of darkness? Sometimes it takes praising Him to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes praising Him gives a new light on circumstances. We can never quit crying out to Him, no matter how hard life gets. He never leaves us. There are times He is silent as He works in situations but He is always there for us. My prayers are with those going through dark times. I pray they will not lose site of their Heavenly Father through the tough days they are dealing with. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace. Thank You for always being here for me. Thank You for the wisdom You provide in making tough decisions. Thank You for Your strength to get through tough days. Father, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me with more You. Be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. Thank You Jesus for being My Joy Maker. Amen.

No comments: