Thursday, May 24, 2018

Nehemiah 8; Philippians 4:4-7 - "Joy"

When you read Nehemiah 8, you see what happened when the Israelites were attentive to the reading of God's word. They not only were blessed by it but they desired more. They were reminded through the reading of how they needed to live. Every time I open up His Word I learn something new or am reminded of something I forgot. His Word is alive. Praise His Holy Name! The Israelites found joy from this time of hearing His Word (Nehemiah 8b). They understood the Word in a deeper way (vs. 12) and were obedient to it (vs. 13-17). Once again, they found joy in it. Years later as Paul walked in obedience he found joy in the Lord. Even in the midst of being imprisoned he encouraged the Church of Philippi to have the joy of the Lord. 

Paul had joy in the midst of turmoil. He had peace in a very non-peaceful situation. The only way for that to happen is to have a personal relationship with Christ. When one is living in His presence and walking a road of obedience to His will, that peace is even greater. During the night I prayed for some I know who are going through turmoil. Some of it is caused by their own actions while others are dealing with 'junk' the enemy has put in their life. I prayed for those who are not in relationship with Him to find Him. I prayed for those who know Him but have yet to take the step toward living a sanctified life to take that step. I prayed for those who are living a life of obedience to His will to stay strong in their faith. Sometimes the challenges we face are from God to take us deeper. Sometimes they are from the enemy who is trying to tear us out of relationship with our Heavenly Father. No matter what, we have the choice of pulling closer to God or allowing the enemy to win. I am choosing to draw closer to God. I refuse to allow the enemy any foothold in my life. These are strong words I am standing on. The enemy is fighting hard to get us but we are standing in the Lord's strength with His joy as our mantra. Praying today for different ones to fight the enemy and stand in the Lord's strength and joy...
  • families who are being torn apart by the enemy
  • friends who are dealing with disease, treatments, pain, etc. in themselves or loved ones
  • those who are struggling financially
  • those who are floundering with their job/career decisions
  • those in ministry who are discouraged
  • those who are dealing with issues in their marriage
  • women with infertility; pregnancy issues; miscarriages
  • children who are feeling neglected by their parents/parents who are feeling neglected by their children
  • parents who are overwhelmed with their family's schedule
  • graduates who are facing a great time of adjustment
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your joy that gets me through times of turmoil. Thank You for Your strength that is always with me. Thank You for the peace You give in the midst of the trials of life. May more people realize Your empowerment. May my words, actions, and attitude be Yours today so people will see/hear You through me. But first Lord I know You need to cleanse me of anything not of You. Thank You for the cleansing of my spirit so I can live this day in a new way. Lord, I continue to ask for Doc's healing. I pray for a lessening in his pain today. I also pray for Your touch upon Him as he brings his sermon together for Sunday. Give him a clear mind so He can hear You for the message You desire of him to give. Lord, use me today in a mighty way as I meet with different ladies. I also pray for favor with the appointment I had yesterday at the doctor office and the one ahead today at the hospital. Your will, Father, is my prayer. Thank You Jesus for being My Joy, Peace and Strength. Amen.

No comments: