Sunday, May 6, 2018

II Corinthians 12:7-10 - "It Is Well"


Yesterday was very emotional as we started the MS walk. My mind wandered back to the year I did the walk in my wheelchair and the year I could not do the walk due to having an exacerbation. There was a lady in front of us trying to walk but relying on her husband for help. She did not make it far but she tried. Then another one who made it a little bit further but sat down and said 'I quit.' There was one group who were walking in memory of a loved one. Their shirts had her picture on them and said something about how she was now with Jesus walking the streets of gold. There are many days I do not look like I have MS but it is always there. I do have days where I have trouble walking but they have been few and far between since February 4, 2016 when the Lord touched me. Last night the fatigue clouded up my thinking, gave issues with talking, and being able to function normally mentally. As I climbed into bed I wondered if the Lord would wake me during the night to pray for pastors. I prayed before going to sleep just in case He didn't but I was grateful when He did because Saturday nights are special when He has me pray for them. All three times He woke me He gave me one pastor in particular to pray for. One who feels the enemy is winning more ground that one can handle. God had me pray for this pastor to draw deeper in His faith and not try to take care of things themselves. He had me pray for this pastor to be open to new ideas He has for the church. This morning in my prayers He had me pray for another pastor who needs to listen to Him instead of doing things on their own. He reminded me His strength is perfect in all situations when we allow Him to work in and through us. I thought of a t-shirt I saw yesterday at the MS walk...


God is so awesome in how He uses us when we give Him total control. There will be times He will stretch us but it is those times our faith can draw deeper into where He desires us to be. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your strength that enables us to do Your will. Thank You for days like yesterday where I am reminded of Your empowerment that flows through me. Thank You for waking me to pray for pastors. May all who go into the pulpit this morning be filled with You to the point of overflowing. Father, I pray for more of You as You cleanse me and empower me. I pray for Your strength to become greater in me. I pray for Your love to flow from me in greater ways than ever before. Lord, thank You for being taking my weakness and becoming greater than ever before. Thank You for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: