Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Psalm 19 - "Word Of God"

This morning the Lord took me to Psalm 19. I read it in different versions and was reminded of how, as a child, I had memorized verse fourteen. "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." The word 'acceptable' is key. I desire to have my words and thoughts to be 'acceptable' to my Heavenly Father. David wrote this Psalm to remind us of God's glory that is present every day. God created all people to follow Him. Unfortunately, there are some who do not. He knows they do not but He does not give up giving them opportunities to come into relationship with Him. Verse six in The Message reads, "That's how God's Word vaults across the skies from sunrise to sunset, Melting ice, scorching deserts, warming hearts to faith." What a beautiful word picture! He gives people every opportunity to make the right choices. He encourages people by the words of others. He enables them to come to Him but some still refuse. This breaks my heart. It hurts to see people walking in the ways of the enemy when they could be walking in the Lord's ways. Life is not perfect with Him but it is a lot easier when one has His strength to rely upon. Verses seven through nine read... 
The revelation of God is whole
    and pulls our lives together.
The signposts of God are clear
    and point out the right road.
The life-maps of God are right,
    showing the way to joy.
The directions of God are plain
    and easy on the eyes.
God’s reputation is twenty-four-carat gold,
    with a lifetime guarantee.
The decisions of God are accurate
    down to the nth degree.
Wow! These verse give another word picture that makes it so clear to understand why one should walk with Him. That last sentence shows why walking a path of obedience is key. His decisions are so much better than the ones we make on our own. His Word is the best to follow. 


The Psalm ends with wise words from David on how we will find all we need in God's Word. His Word directs us in the way we should go. All we need to do when we are wondering what to do, where to go, etc. is to open His Word. To be able to get what He desires of us from His Word we must first be able to hear from Him. To do this we must pray for Him to cleanse us and fill us. We must ask Him to cleanse us of not only the known sins we have committed but also the unknown ones. Some times the words that come out of our mouths are hurtful to others without us even realizing. We need to ask Him to cleanse us of all sin before we start each day. Verse thirteen in the NIV reads, "Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. Then I will be blameless, innocent of great transgression." Yes! I desire to be "blameless, innocent of great transgression." When I live in such a manner, I hear His Voice and know His direction. I will open His Word and hear Him speak through it. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for blessing me over and over again! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Cleanse me so You can fill me. Speak to me so clearly today so I may hear You. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. Father, I pray this morning for ones who are traveling to be safe; those who are grieving to find Your peace; those going through medical testing/procedures/treatment to find comfort in knowing You are still in control in the midst of their storm; and for all to find You as not only their Savior but also the Lord of Lords in their life. Thank You Jesus for being My Director. Amen.

No comments: