Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Romans 6:15-18; Matthew 25:21 - "Freedom Hymn"


Every time I woke up during the night and again this morning these words were going through my mind...

This is the sound of chains breaking
This is the beat of a heart changing
This is a song of a soul forgiven
This is my freedom hymn

I prayed during the night for so many people who need to have freedom. It is available from the Lord for all. His desire is for people to live in Him instead of in the sin of the world. I remember the days of thinking I was free as I did my own thing. I remember thinking I was on the top of the world doing what I wanted to do. I am so grateful when the Lord woke me up to the realization life was not all about the junk of the world but was about living for Him. I was grateful for the way He took me back into His arms after being out of relationship with Him for a period of time. There were no stipulations put on our relationship by Him other than for me to love with His love. The more I did that, the more I realized I wanted to go deeper in my walk with Him. The desire of my heart was to walk a path of obedience with Him, doing what He desired of me, loving people with His love even when it did not make sense, doing things He asked that may be out of my comfort zone, etc. Actually, I have learned over the last few years there is no longer a 'comfort zone' because it does not matter what He asks of me I am His willing servant. Throughout the night and again this morning I find myself praying for more people to get to that point in life where no matter what the Lord asks, they will do. I also prayed specifically for ones who need a touch from the Lord. Some need a physical touch, some an emotional touch but most of all a spiritual touch for all involved...

  • a family in turmoil with needing wisdom with their elderly mother
  • another family in turmoil over 'junk' that creeped in and caused division
  • my Momma who needs to regain her strength from pneumonia
  • a dear friend who is struggling with the death of a loved one who she was estranged from
  • a military family whose husband/father has been away for a month of training
  • a Momma who is dealing with the after effects of her daughter's wedding
  • a lady with dementia and her family
  • my friend Paula who is in extreme pain
  • an elderly friend who is so ready to leave this earth
  • my friends Nada and Nancy who were recently diagnosed with breast cancer
There are so many hurting people. Some are in relationship with the Lord and some are not. Some know Him yet refuse to walk in obedience to Him. I remember those days of thinking I would be 'ok' with doing what I wanted. I remember thinking if something happens that I die He will still accept me into heaven because I asked Him into my heart as a child. God is the Only One to judge. He is the Only One to accept or deny us into heaven when we leave this earth. I sure do not want to be turned away at the Pearly Gates. The desire of my heart is to hear "well done, good and faithful servant" (Matthew 25:21). I am praying for more people to find freedom in Christ that is not available through any other way other than Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Thank You for Doc's surgeries being over. I pray for less pain for him today. I also pray for wisdom for him with decisions to be made. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing. May You ooze out of all my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. May You be who people see/hear through me today. Father, I ask for a continuation of Your wisdom and recollection as I continue to prepare for my final exam. I pray against the enemy trying to convince me I will do bad. I pray for You to be greater than him not only in this exam situation but in some other situations we are dealing with. Thank You Jesus for being My Freedom. Amen.

No comments: