Thursday, May 17, 2018

Psalm 119:1-8 - "Dream Small"



I woke up this morning with the lyrics to "Dream Small" going through my head. After I prayed for a retired pastor at 3:44AM for health issues the Lord had this same song in my mind. These words are ones we all need to think about...

Dream small
Don't bother like you've gotta do it all
Just let Jesus use you where you are
One day at a time
Live well
Loving God and others as yourself
Find little ways where only you can help
With His great love
A tiny rock can make a giant fall
Dream small

We need to make sure we do not miss anything the Lord has in store for us by doing things on our own agenda. The song continues...

It's visiting the widow down the street
Or dancing on a Friday with your friend with special needs
These simple moments change the world
Of course, there's nothing wrong with bigger dreams
Just don't miss the minutes on your way, your bigger things, no
'Cause these simple moments change the world

God knows the desires of our heart. He knows our dreams, our thoughts, our desires. Most importantly He knows what is best for us. He gives us free choice with the desire for us to choose Him and His ways. There is nothing that could happen to us that would be better than His will. We may never know when we will say or do something to make a difference in someone's life. Those are best things we can do. We may never know when a word or an action of God's love will be just what is needed to get them to realize His love and start a walk of obedience to His will. The greatest part about life with Him is that we do not have to know such things. All we need to do is walk in obedience to Him. As we walk in obedience He will bless us in abundance. When I visit my neighbor Grammy, I am blessed in so many ways by the smile on her face. As I love on a child who has no Jesus in their life other than me, I am blessed with the seeds I am planting. As I take a meal to someone who doesn't know Him, I am blessed in knowing I am sharing His love with them. As I wait on God's timing in a tough situation, I am blessed with His peace. We may never know how we are blessing those we lavish with His love. But as I said, we don't have to know. All we need to do is be obedient.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder of this song. Thank You for the ways You used me yesterday to be a beacon of light for You. Thank You for giving me opportunities to love on people with Your love. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Enable me to be focused on You so I don't miss any opportunity You put before me today. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. Lord, I pray again for the man You woke me up to pray for during the night. I pray for his wife with whatever he is going through. Give her strength and peace. I also pray for my friends who are dealing with health issues but most of all I pray for their spiritual needs. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Am Obedient To. Amen.

No comments: