Sunday, May 27, 2018

Ephesians 6:10-18 - "Resurrection Power"


Mordecei had me up three times during the night. I feel so bad for him having problems but it did give me extra time to pray. Of course with it being Saturday night God had me praying for pastors. The Lord took me back to the song He gave me yesterday called "Resurrection Power" and had me pray for all pastors to realize the empowerment they have from Him. He had me pray for more pastors to receive the Holy Spirit so they would have His full empowerment. He stressed with me to pray for...
  • my husband who had his second carpal tunnel surgery this week and is experiencing a lot of pain. 
  • my friend Mike who had surgery this week that effects his vocal cords.
  • Pastors Corey and Rob who are traveling and spreading the Gospel on the other side of the world.
  • more pastors to walk the path of obedience. 
  • some who are trying to 'do church in their own ways' instead of giving Him the driver seat. 
  • spouses of pastors who are being beat down emotionally. He had me pray against the enemy who is working through full schedules, health issues, and people.
  • pastors who are living in the earthly world and making earthly decisions instead of Kingdom decisions.
  • a pastor that will resign unexpectedly to his congregation today.
  • a pastor who needs a healing in their physical body; another one who needs a healing in his emotional body.
  • two men who have stepped away from pastoring and need restoration in their spirits.
I am grateful for the privilege to pray for pastors but I will admit the things the Lord reveals to me cause heaviness in my spirit. I am a pastor working on educational requirements for ordination. Some see me as a pastor while others do not. All that matters is how the Lord sees me. His desire for my life is my desire. His direction is the path I choose. As I pray for pastors, I think of the times He has brought my name or face before others to pray for me. I don't know that it has been because I am a pastor or not but I do know I am grateful. The life of a pastor can be pretty tough emotionally, physically, mentally, and especially spiritually. The enemy is right there at all times fighting against forward progress. I am so grateful for the full armor of God that I put on daily as I do His work.
  • Belt of truth
  • Breastplate of righteousness
  • Feet fitted with readiness
  • Shield of faith
  • Helmet of salvation
  • Sword of the Spirit
  • Prayer
I am so grateful for Ephesians 6 where Paul tells us how to stand up against the enemy. I desire to be a soldier who is ready to fight this battle with all the defensive and offensive weapons I have at my disposal. Verse eighteen is key in the battle...prayer.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for a night of prayer for my fellow pastors. Thank You for the way You will give me strength throughout this day with little sleep. Thank You for each individual You brought to my prayers and for the groups of pastors You had me pray for. I pray for boldness in words that flow from pastors today. I pray for healing in spirits where it is needed. Lord, I pray for a cleansing in my soul so You can fill me to overflowing with Yourself. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. Thank You Jesus for being My Armor. Amen.

No comments: