Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Psalm 119:105 - "Dream Small"

When the clock went off this morning to go for Doc's surgery, these words were going through my head...

Dream small
Don't bother like you've gotta do it all
Just let Jesus use you where you are
One day at a time
Live well
Loving God and others as yourself
Find little ways where only you can help
With His great love
A tiny rock can make a giant fall
Dream small

As I sat and waited during surgery I thought of the truth in this song. We never know how we can impact another person's life with a smile, a hug, a nice word, etc. We also never know what others live with as they battle disease, have relationship issues, busy schedules, etc. As I looked around the waiting room there were some who looked like they scared to death of what was ahead. One Momma cried when her little guy was pulled from her and taken back for surgery. I would have loved to talk to each one of them and ask if I could pray for them but that was not possible. Instead I sat and looked around the room and asked God to bless each one in their unique situation. I prayed for doctors, nurses, technicians, etc. who were working today to have wisdom and a gentle touch. I especially prayed for the parents and grandparents who watched their little ones be taken back for surgery. Most of all I prayed for God to continue to use me however He desires. I prayed for Him to knock some 'giants' down out of our life in His time. I asked Him if His time could come sooner than later and He chuckled at me. Sometimes impatience causes distractions to what God desires for us. There are times we try to manipulate situations to conform to what we want when the best thing is what God wants for us. As we wait, we need to stay in His Word and live in His presence.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Doc's surgery being over. I pray against the pain he is experiencing with this one. I pray for the process to go well as You continue to heal his hands. Lord, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me with Your Spirit. Lord, I also pray for revelation as to what 'tiny rock' will make our 'giants' fall. Open our eyes, minds, and hearts. I pray for wisdom and recollection as I continue to review for my exam. I praise Your Holy Name for all the ways You continue to direct our path. Thank You Jesus for being My Director. Amen.


No comments: