Monday, May 14, 2018

Galatians 5:1 - "Fear Is A Liar"

As I fell asleep last night I was praying for a woman who is an alcoholic. She needs a miracle in her life greatly before it is too late. Her family need a miracle to happen before she ends up killing herself. I prayed someone will say something to make a difference for her, that would make her realize God is a better addiction than alcohol. My heart breaks as I see this family being torn apart by the enemy. I know it is only God's strength getting them through the times of her drunkenness. I feel so helpless. Sometimes I feel anger at her but then the Lord reminds me she is ill. Alcoholism is an illness only He can take away. One does not have to be enslaved to it. There is freedom in Christ. When one realizes this, they can be set free from addiction and given His strength to walk the road of righteousness. It is not easy giving up a 'crutch' you have used for years. I prayed she would realize Jesus' love is greater than the bottle. I prayed for her to have the desire in her heart to reach out to Jesus instead of reaching for the bottle. Paul's words in Galatians 5:1 come to my mind as I pray for this one...

Oh how I pray for this one to be unyoked from the bottle and allow Christ to work in her. I pray for the slavery of alcohol to be gone in her life. It will take a miracle to occur but I have faith God will provide. My prayer is whatever it takes to get her to the end of herself will happen. Those are tough words to pray because they can mean some tough things but if she doesn't get to the end of herself she will die and spend eternity in hell. That is not something I want to see. The fear she feels must be eradicated from her life. The enemy is the one who puts fear in us. She needs God's strength to knock the enemy down.

Dear Jesus, 
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Thank You for the way You loved on me throughout the day. Thank You for filling my cup when it was empty. Mother's Day is such an emotional day. Thank You for getting me through it. Father, this morning I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing. I pray for more of You to seep out of me so people will see/hear You. I pray for my friend who is having a breast biopsy this morning to feel Your strength; another friend and their family as they go through some difficult days; my friend Nada with her newly diagnosis of breast cancer; for another one who is dealing with low self-esteem; a friend who is seeking Your will for their church; and another friend who is seeking Your will in her life as she deals with multiple health issues and needing a job. I also pray for wisdom/concentration/favor as I complete my paper for class this week. Thank You Jesus for being My Addiction. Amen.

No comments: