Monday, May 21, 2018

Matthew 6:10 - "Holy Ground"


I had an experience last week that left me breathless. We stopped at St. Peter's for an errand and the minute my feet touched the ground I was touched by an awesome feeling of peace. As I walked from one building to another I was amazed at the peacefulness I felt. I saw God's beauty in His creation of flowers, the trees budding, and heard the birds singing. The ladies in the office were smiling and had a gentle spirit. I felt like I was whisked away to another place other than this world. It is so hard to explain the way I felt. I thought of the song about standing on holy ground and it came onto my lips. When I got back into the car and shared with Doc my feelings he said they must be doing God's work. That is what I desire for our church. I remember hearing someone once say that people need to feel the Spirit not only when they come into a church but as they drive by or as they pull into the parking lot. I don't know that I ever have experienced what I did the other day but it left a desire in my heart to have that be in our church. When God spoke to Moses about standing on holy ground in Exodus 3:6 it wasn't that the ground itself was any different. It was the presence of the Lord that made it holy ground. The peace I live in is because His presence is with me. His Spirit lives in and through me every day. If all the people of a church body lived in His presence, then they would carry His Spirit with them. That would be when His Spirit would be felt as people gathered together. Oh my! What an experience that would be. His love would flow so greatly in such a group. His peace would be felt so wonderfully by all. It would be like heaven on earth. There would be no arguing, discord, people wanting to have their own way, etc. Instead there would be unity and selflessness. God would be the Center of all words, actions, and thoughts. "On earth as it is in heaven" would have a whole new meaning. That is the desire of my heart.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the experience of last week when I felt Your presence so greatly at St. Peter's. Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace. Thank You for being who You are in my life. Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Thank You for our neighbors who love on one another in mighty ways. Thank You for putting us here to be a beacon of light for You. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. I pray for Kenny's surgery today to be successful. I also pray for Paula's pain to be less as she is getting closer to coming home from their trip. Thank You for my exegetical paper going well. I pray for wisdom and recollection as I have a final exam this week. Lord, I pray for more people to experience Your peace today. I pray for those who are not in relationship with You to find You. I also pray for those who are saved to take the next step into living in Your presence in a new way with being sanctified wholly. Thank You Jesus for being My Peace. Amen.


No comments: