Monday, May 7, 2018

Psalm 29 - "So Will I"


This morning God took me to Psalm 29. This Psalm was written by David for the purpose of telling people we are to worship God in holiness. Those who are in relationship with Him have much to give Him glory for. He is ready to accept us as we go before Him to worship Him with all our being. He desires our worship. He craves our worship. He does not just want our worship when we gather with our church family. He wants our worship 24/7. This way of worship is His way. It is the best way. It is where we will realize the best type of relationship with Him. We have nothing to fear but instead will realize Him in a deeper way as we worship Him. Worship is not just about singing. It is every aspect of life. It is the way we hear His voice and walk in obedience. It is the way we give of our resources. That does not mean just financially but it means physically. Worship is where we give Him our words of love to Him. He created us in this earth to worship Him. He gives us the beauty of His creation to enjoy. We need to not only be thankful as we enjoy it but we need to show Him our appreciation for it. In this Psalm David speaks of thunder, lightning, and a flood. We have nothing to fear in such circumstances. Just as God protected Noah and his family, He will protect us during the storms of life. He shelters us from all harm. It may feel like we are going to 'sink' in the despair of situations but we must remember He is always there to save us. He is the Life Jacket we all need. The last verse of this Psalm is comforting to me...

God makes his people strong.
God gives his people peace.


Yes! There is strength that comes from worshiping God. There is peace that comes from worshiping God. There is a feeling of knowing His love is with you as you worship God. There is no better place to me than in worship to Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being the One I desire to worship. Thank You for loving me so greatly through the storms of life. Thank You for always being there for me. Father, I pray for a cleansing in my soul and a filling in my spirit. I pray for more of You to show through me today in my words, actions, and attitude. Thank You Father for being My Life Jacket. Amen.


No comments: