Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Psalm 81:13-16- "To Be Like You"


This morning the Lord took me to Psalm 81. This Psalm written by David tells us to praise God for all He does for us. The Jews remembered what He did for them and celebrated on the feast-days. We, too, need to celebrate what He has done for us as we gather together as a body of believers for worship. Verses eight through sixteen are about how life is different for those who are willing to listen to God instead of giving into the ways of satan. God gives all free choice. There is the choice to follow Him and there is the choice to live the way we desire in sin. Last night I was teaching the children about Adam and Eve in the garden. I kept having them say "do not eat the fruit" repeatedly. I wanted them to remember when God tells them to not do something they need to listen. Even little Sophia (age 2) was repeating it. If only teens and adults would grasp this concept their lives could be so different. God is a gentleman. He will not 'make' us follow Him even though He desires that from all of us. Matthew Henry writes...

"God is not the Author of their sin, he leaves them to the lusts of their own hearts, and the counsels of their own heads; if they do not well, the blame must be upon themselves. The Lord is unwilling that any should perish. What enemies sinners are to themselves! It is sin that makes our troubles long, and our salvation slow. Upon the same conditions of faith and obedience, do Christians hold those spiritual and eternal good things, which the pleasant fields and fertile hills of Canaan showed forth. Christ is the Bread of life; he is the Rock of salvation, and his promises are as honey to pious minds. But those who reject him as their Lord and Master, must also lose him as their Saviour and their reward."

It breaks my heart to see people living out of relationship with God. It also breaks my heart to see believers living out of His will for their lives. All it takes is accepting Him into your life and then walking in obedience to Him. Some say a life for Christ is too hard to accomplish. Nothing is too hard when we have His strength. He supplies all we need when we walk in His will. It is not always easy because the deeper we go in our faith with God, the harder the enemy fights for our souls. We have to keep our focus on Christ. It takes continual renewal in our spirits to accomplish the right focus. It takes work but the prize of eternal life with our Heavenly Father instead of rotting in hell is with it all.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with my time with Grammy, the time at the beach with Doc and Tim, my time with Jimmy and Eli and then with the children last night. It was a full day but a blessed day. Thank You for the day that is ahead. I pray for the door before me to be closed if it is not to be. I pray for Your wisdom and guidance. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me. Be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. May people see/hear You through me. Keep my ears open to Your voice and my heart open to Your will. I feel like You are right here with me this morning in such a special way. Thank You for Your presence! Thank You Jesus for being My Satisfier! Amen.

No comments: