Friday, May 25, 2018

Philippians 4:6-7 - "Witness"

Last night I decided to try sleeping back in our bed. I was fearful of hurting Doc's hand but he assured me it would be OK. After Mordecei woke me at 2:30AM I could not go back to sleep. I kept thinking I was going to hurt Doc. He ended up waking up and then couldn't go back to sleep either. I thought about going back into the other bedroom but the Lord told me to stay and talk with Him. These words to the song "Witness" were going through my mind as we conversed....

Your love is like a fountain
It'll never run dry, it'll never run dry
Your love is moving mountains
Every day of my life, every day of my life
Can I get a witness?

I prayed and asked the Lord to enable me to be a better witness for Him. I prayed for Him to be in my words, actions, and attitude so people would see/hear Him. I repented of times I did not show His love to others. The tears came as I thought about how many times I have let Him down. My heart breaks in thinking about times I broke His heart. As I prayed the word 'if' came into my mind and I knew that it wasn't 'if' I had failed at being a witness but 'when' I have failed. I do not like that thought. I do not like the idea that I fail the Lord but as a human I know it happens. But I also know the more Christ-like I become, the less things like that will happen. The more I seek a life of holiness, the less I will be a failure in His eyes. People in the world may see me as a failure because of our church, battles, finances, etc. but God has always, and will always, provide what is needed. I think of Paul's words in Philippians...


I like the words "pray about everything" because that is how I live life. Nothing happens without praying about it first. I am grateful for my relationship with the Lord. I do not know how people get through life without Him. It was pretty strange how during the night my pain started up again. It had pretty much stopped in my arms. As I prayed, I asked God to be greater than the enemy. I asked Him to show me if it was from Him. I became at peace in knowing it is a spiritual attack. I prayed for His strength to surround me through it. I asked Him to empower me so His glory will be realized by me and seen by others through these days. I prayed for Him to enable me to be a mighty 'witness' for Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the lack of sleep last night that brought clarity to me. Thank You for the way You have been with me these last couple of days as I deal with dr/hospital bills and as I took the final exam for the Paul class. Lord, You are greater than anything that comes my way. I desire to be Your 'witness' in a mighty way today. First, I ask for a cleansing in my spirit. I especially am grateful You cleansed me during the night when I prayed for the times I have failed You. Fill me to overflowing with more of You...be greater than me...show through in my actions, attitude, and words throughout this day in a mighty way. I pray today for the lady who received the call yesterday her mother passed. Praise Your Holy Name You provided her neighbor to be there in her office at the moment the call came. I also praise Your Name for the way You were with me throughout yesterday with the tasks I had to accomplish. You are so awesome, Lord! Thank You for being My Glory. Amen.

No comments: