Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Psalm 15 - "Come To The Table"


It is so cool how God wakes me with a scripture to read and a song that goes along with it. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming on how He is with me. Psalm 15 answers the question of how we can live with God eternally. The answer is we must live with Him while on this earth. Matthew Henry writes of this scripture:

Those who desire to know their duty, will find the Scripture a very faithful director, and conscience a faithful monitor. A citizen of Zion is sincere in his religion. He is really what he professes to be, and endeavours to stand complete in all the will of God.

Yes! That is the desire of my heart..."to stand complete in all the will of God." Oh how I pray for more people to have that same desire. I pray for more people to get to the end of themselves so He can live in and through them. These words from a song Sidewalk Prophets sings is going through my mind this morning...

He said come to the table
Come join the sinners who have been redeemed
Take your place beside the Savior now
Sit down and be set free
Come to the table


Yes! He has an open invitation to all to join Him at His table. There is fulfillment found there in so many ways. He loves all and desires for all to be in relationship with Him. Not only does He desire all to be in relationship with Him but He desires all to be dead to self so He can be glorified through them. That means not only accepting Him but then totally living in His will. It means living for Him 24/7. It means doing whatever He asks no matter if it makes sense or not. Living such a life is where the greatest fulfillment is found.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You work in and through me. Thank You for the way You speak to me. Thank You for the joys of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Father, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing. I pray for more of You to fill me so You ooze out of me. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. May You be my strength as my body is so tired. May You be my wisdom with my school work. Most of all I pray for You to be in my every thought. I pray for safe travels for Baughan's and DuBays for their trip. May You be Paula's strength in a mighty way. I also pray for those who are struggling in family relationships to find resolution. May You be greater than those involved. Thank You Jesus for being My Inviter. Amen.

No comments: