Thursday, May 10, 2018

Psalm 32 - "You Are My Hiding Place"

When David wrote Psalm 32, he was reflecting upon what his life was before he started walking with God. Prior to asking God to come into your heart you are miserable. When He wipes your slate clean from sin, there is such joy! Before that you are miserable. Without God, you are powerless. There are many today who need to quit fooling themselves that they are ok without God. They need to repent and ask Him to be in their heart. Time is running short. We do not know when He will return but the signs are showing that time is drawing near. Verse seven is such a comfort to me…


The trees in this picture were protected from the hurricanes. I am protected in the same way by the hurricanes of life. He is "my hiding place" in times of trouble. When the storms of life blow over, I have victory in Him. He is glorified in my words and actions as I lean upon His strength and listen to His Voice as I walk in obedience. David continues the chapter with words from the Lord...

The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you. Do not be like a senseless horse or mule that needs a bit and bridle to keep it under control.” (vs 8-9)

What a description of how we are prior to accepting Him into our heart. "senseless" Wow! I sure do not want to be known as "senseless"! The desire of my heart is to have His "unfailing love" (vs 10) that comes in me trusting Him. I desire to "...rejoice in the Lord and be glad..." and "Shout for joy, all you whose hearts are pure!" (vs. 11).

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for these words of encouragement this morning. Thank You for always being there as I go through the storms of life. Thank You for being exactly what I need every day. Father, today is a new day. My physical body is tired but I know You are my strength. I pray for Your empowerment with what is ahead in this day. Thank You in advance for filling me with Your strength. Cleanse me so You can fill me. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. I pray for safety in travel for many in my little world; strength for my friend who has a consultation for her biopsy today; continued strength for my friend as she awaits what is next with her breast cancer; resolution for a family in conflict; and peace for one who needs to feel You in a greater way. Thank You for the successful surgery for Ms Bev yesterday. Thank You Jesus for being My Hiding Place. Amen.

No comments: