Sunday, May 20, 2018

Acts 2:42-48 - "Overwhelmed"




I delight myself in You
Captivated by Your beauty
I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed by You

I woke up to these words going through my head this morning and began thinking about how overwhelming God is to me. He does so much for me. His love, grace, and mercy are so overwhelming. The way He watches over and protects me is amazing. The way He works in and through me is beyond comprehension. I know the only reason I can see these things is because I live a life of obedience to Him. What He desires is what I desire. This morning as I thought about these things my heart aches for those who do not live such a life. It hurts knowing people in my little world who refuse to allow Him control of their life. No one truly has control of their life but people like to think they do. This morning I am praying for...
  • pastors to preach boldly the Word so people will come into relationship with their Heavenly Father
  • truth to be spoken from pulpits today so people's eyes will be open
  • prodigals to return
  • families to reconcile
  • relationships to be restored
  • children and teens to be taught the Gospel
These prayers go deep into my soul. I desire people to be healed not only physically but emotionally, mentally, and most of all spiritually. I desire for more people to be overwhelmed by the love of Christ.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace. Thank You for the way You overwhelm me. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with Your words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. Bless pastors with boldness today as they preach. I pray for Your Holy Spirit to be involved in services today. May people's eyes be opened on this Pentecost Sunday so the Holy Spirit can move throughout congregations. May Your fire fall down upon Your people. May 'dead' people become alive in You. May people become "overwhelmed" by You. Thank You Jesus for being My Fire. Amen.


No comments: