Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Psalm 97:11-12 - "Joy"


"Light seeds" and "Joy seeds"...these words make me happy! I love the idea that God plants light and joy in me. When I think of seeds the enemy plants in people, I am saddened. But the seeds planted by God are life-giving. The seeds of light and joy are ones that bring smiles to my face and happiness in my spirit. They are seeds that give hope in tough times and promise me the Lord is with me no matter what. They are seeds that glorify the Lord in what I do and say. That is exactly what I believe is my purpose for life. Matthew Henry says of these two verses...

The faithful servants of God may well rejoice and be glad, because he is glorified; and whatever tends to his honour, is his people's pleasure. Care is taken for their safety. But something more is meant than their lives. The Lord will preserve the souls of his saints from sin, from apostacy, and despair, under their greatest trials. He will deliver them out of the hands of the wicked one, and preserve them safe to his heavenly kingdom. And those that rejoice in Christ Jesus, and in his exaltation, have fountains of joy prepared for them. Those that sow in tears, shall reap in joy. Gladness is sure to the upright in heart; the joy of the hypocrite is but for a moment. Sinners tremble, but saints rejoice at God's holiness. As he hates sin, yet freely loves the person of the repentant sinner who believes in Christ, he will make a final separation between the person he loves and the sin he hates, and sanctify his people wholly, body, soul, and spirit.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of this past year and the blessings ahead in this new year of life for me. Thank You for being My Strength through the breast cancer, hurricane, deaths of loved ones, and everything else that happened over this year. Thank You for being My Comforter in times of loneliness. Thank You for being My Supporter in times of unknown circumstances. Thank You for being My Sanctifier over and over again. That is exactly what I desire in the year ahead...more of Your purification in my life...more depth in my relationship with You...more...more...more. Woo hoo! I don't know what is ahead in this next year but I am grateful to know You are in control! Thank You Jesus for being My Planter of Seeds. Amen.

No comments: