Sunday, August 6, 2017

Psalm 37:4 - "Hills and Valleys"

"Take delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." (Psalm 37:4) Oh how I love this verse. I can attest to it being so true. It does not mean life is always going to be perfect but it does mean He is always with you in life. He is there for the mountains and He is there for the valleys. He is there to bless you with things along the way. He has blessed me this weekend with someone paying for my plane ticket along with time with family and friends. Just as when we were here for the wedding in June I wish I would have had more time to see more people but it just isn't possible. I am grateful for those I was able to see. I am grateful for the time to celebrate my sister's 50th anniversary yesterday. It was a blessing to see my Momma and different family members.

On the mountains I will bow my life to the One who set me there
In the valley I will lift my eyes to the One who sees me there
When I'm standing on the mountain I didn't get there on my own
When I'm walking through the valley I know I am not alone
You're God of the hills and valleys, hills and valleys
God of the hills and valleys
And I am not alone


I have been on top of many mountain tops and have been in the depths of many valleys but the One thing that remains constant is the Lord. He has never left me. His presence is so great even in the valleys. Perhaps it is the greatest there. I am so grateful.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so greatly. Thank You for blessing me with this time with family and friends. I pray You will give Doc exactly what he needs today to preach boldly what You have given him. I pray the same for Ben and other pastors as they go into the pulpit. Lord, just as I prayed during the night for pastors...be their voice. I also pray for Your attitude, focus, words and actions today for myself. Be great in and through me. May people see and hear You today through me. Thank You Jesus for being My Constant! Amen.



No comments: