Tuesday, August 8, 2017

John 15:5; Philippians 4:13 - "Oceans (Where Feet May Fall)"


Yesterday when I left Ohio the tears were falling. It is so hard to leave family even though you know you are living in God's will. I think back on when God first revealed to us we were moving. We walked the path in obedience even though there were so many unknowns. We knew it would be difficult in many ways but hearing your granddaughter say, "I wish you didn't have to leave" is so, so difficult. I am grateful for the way the Lord supports and encourages my heart. I am also grateful for the way He provided for this trip in so many ways. Financially, He provided the ticket and people to pick me up/drop me off. Emotionally, He provided me with great times with friends and family. Physically, He provided me with strength. Spiritually, He provided me with His Word that encourages me greatly. Plain and simple. He provided. It is so cool the way He provided not just once but two times of me hearing Ben preach over the last two months. I am one proud Momma in knowing God is using him in so many different ways. There was one thing from his sermon that really stuck with me. We cannot have Christ's strength spoken of in Philippians 4:13 if we are not living a John 15:5 type of life. We cannot bear fruit without a relationship with Him. Too many times we call out for the Lord to help us in time of need but then forget Him after life settles down. His strength is not just for tough times. It is for all times. We do not have the 'lifeline' of His strength if we are not living for Him. His strength comes automatically for those who are walking with Him. As the tears started yesterday, He reminded me He was with me. He knows the desires of my heart and will provide them in His time. I don't know when the next time will be that I will be able to play restaurant, watch my grand babies sing for my own private singing competition, etc. But I do know He will provide. I wish I would have got to see Miss Bella too but that just didn't happen. I am thankful I was able to see my Momma even though it was only for a short time. God blessed my trip in so many different ways and for that I am grateful.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the safety provided for my trip. Thank You for all of the ways You blessed me over the weekend. Father, I pray for more of You to encompass my spirit. I pray for more of Your strength in tough times. I pray for more of Your empowerment to be upon me as I love on people with Your love. Forgive me when I am crabby and fill me with more of Your attitude. Lord, be so real to me so I will bear fruit for You. Thank You Jesus for being My Everything. Amen.

No comments: