Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Psalm 34:1-3; Philippians 4:12-13; Galatians 5:22; Ephesians 3:20-21 - "Ever Be"


"Your praise will ever be on my lips, ever be on my lips..." These were the words the Lord woke me up singing this morning. I thought of something Dan Bohi said last night about how when he walks into a church and asks how a pastor is doing there is usually negative that is said. 'They have this ache or pain, the church has dropped in attendance and/or going through tough financial times, etc.' Brother Dan said he would love to walk in, ask that question and be told they are joyful even if they are going through tough stuff. The Apostle Paul speaks of this attitude over and over again. In Philippians 4:12-13 it reads:

 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Paul was in jail multiple times for preaching the Gospel. He knew what it meant to be persecuted yet he never stopped doing God's will. I think of the time he was in jail with Silas and they began singing and the chains fell off. Our 'chains' in life can do the same. We do not have to carry them around with us but instead can be free from them. We do not have to walk around with a frown on our face but instead need to have faith and trust in God. He will give us an inner peace when we walk in obedience to Him. That peace and joy are part of the fruit of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22). Unfortunately, many like to wallow around in self-pity. Many find comfort in allowing the enemy to have control of their life. That saddens me to see yet it is part of the world. I chose His joy and peace over what the enemy offers. I have faith and hope in Him because I desire to spend eternity with Him. He blesses me in abundance as I seek more of Him. I know He is the source of all I need. In Ephesians 3:20-21 Paul writes:

To him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Woo hoo! Yes! What a blessing to know He is the source of the spiritual blessings given to me. That is crucial to remember as we go through tough times. When He is our source, we  have nothing to fear. He is in control. Therefore, He already knows the outcome and will direct us down the path of righteousness and holiness. We can live a life knowing we will be with Him for eternity when we walk in obedience.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all the ways You bless me each and every day. Thank You for the love You lavish on me. Thank You for the opportunity to watch Brother Dan last night in the live feed. He is such an encouragement to my heart. Father, I pray for him and his team to stay close to you so they hear Your voice and walk in obedience. I pray the same for myself. I pray for more of You to flow out of me. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so there is nothing between you and I. Lord, be so powerful in and through me. May Your supernatural empowerment come down upon me in a mighty way. Thank You Jesus for being My Source. Amen.

No comments: