Thursday, August 24, 2017

II Corinthians 12:1-10 - "Forever Reign"


The first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning was about the people waiting on things. I remember my last bout with MS that lasted nine months as I waited on the Lord to restore my health. There were some very long days during that time. But the best part about the time of being in the 'waiting room' of life was drawing closer to the Lord. Today I am praying for those who find themselves in the 'waiting room'...
  • The Grimm Family as they wait on Saturday for the celebration of Jeremy's life.
  • The father and three children who were in a serious car accident yesterday with the youngest little girl critical with no brain activity showing.
  • The families of the Navy personnel who are missing since the crash.
  • A friend waiting on her husband to come back to the Lord after a blatant rebellion.
  • A friend waiting on a job as she has been out of work for a few months.
  • A friend taking treatments to see if they will stop or at least slow down the progression of her cancer.
  • A friend going through a divorce.
  • A family struggling with the health of their wife/Momma.
I also am praising the Lord for some who are seeing the end of their 'waiting room' time...
  • A Momma whose two sons left to live with their father but now have returned.
  • A Momma who is having her fifteen year old son come live with her after being separated for twelve years.
  • A friend who has peace in her home for the first time in a few years.
  • Those who just came home safely from deployment.
All of these ones are dealing with some tough things but nothing is too tough for God. Most of all I pray for their spiritual needs. I pray if they are not in relationship with God they will find Him. If they are in relationship with Him, they will go deeper. There is peace that is available for all in the 'waiting rooms' of life but it is only found in His presence. That is where we must live. I do not know how people get through life without Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving me the privilege to pray for so many people. Thank You for loving me so greatly that You entrust me with praying. Father, would You show up in their lives today in a supernatural way? There are some I am praying for that will only see You if You come in that manner. Some are so distraught they are distracted from You and need their focus put back. Oh Father how I pray for more of You to show through me so people will see and hear You supernaturally. Be my words, actions and attitude in a way that can only be seen as supernatural empowerment. May You ooze out of everything I do and say today. Thank You for being My Supernatural Empowerment. Amen.


No comments: