Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Romans 12:1-2 - "Casual Christian"



The words to "Casual Christian" are going through my mind this morning...

I don't wanna be, I don't wanna be a casual Christian
I don't wanna live, I don't wanna live a lukewarm life
Because I wanna light up the night
With an everlasting light
I don't wanna live the casual Christian life


As I was singing it I immediately thought of the Grimm Family. Jeremy definitely did not live a lukewarm life. The article in the Daily Record was such a tribute to his life. In this song it talks about being 'an everlasting light.' The only way any of us can be that is to live Jesus every day. Last night with the children and teens I was blessed in knowing we were planting seeds. I pray those seeds will be nurtured throughout their lives not only by us but by many others. I see pictures of kids from Willard and am blessed in knowing we planted seeds in many of their lives. What is even crazier to see are pictures of kids of the kids we planted seeds with in Orrville. God has certainly blessed us over these last twenty-six plus years. But we can't stop now. There are more seeds to plant! The only way we can do that is to be in close relationship to the Lord. I want more of Him in my life. I want more of His words to flow from my mouth. I want people to see Him more than me in my actions and attitude. This song continues...

This life is filled with strong distractions
One pulls from the left one from the right
I've already made up my mind
Gonna leave this world behind
Gonna make my life a living sacrifice.


Distractions come in all sorts of ways. They come through people. They come through health issues. They come through job stress. They come through financial concerns. But the best way to fight against distractions is to keep your focus on the Lord. The only way to be a 'living sacrifice' is to live a life for Him 24/7. Sometimes life seems so crazy with schedules, health, etc. But the One thing that remains with us no matter what is going on is His peace when we are living in His presence. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You use music to encourage me. Thank You for the way You pull my focus back to You. Father, I continue to pray for the Grimm Family during these tough days. May You be their peace in a mighty way. I also am praying this morning for many others who are going through tough days. The Ellison Family, Little Raymond and his family, Aiden's family as they continue to grieve, Sami as she moves into Trevecca along with many others who need Your peace. Father, be my words, actions, attitude and most of all focus throughout this day. Knock down the distractions I am facing and encompass me with Your strength. Thank You Jesus for being My Focus. Amen.

No comments: