Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Hebrews 10:19-20; II Timothy 1:7; Galatians 5 - "You Are I Am"


The only reason we are on this earth today is because God sent Jesus to die for us. Wow, that is some pretty deep thinking! I sure do not want His death to be in vain. I desire to walk in obedience to the way He desires of me to live. I like how this Scripture puts having access to His presence.  He gives us boldness to  walk in "...a new and life-giving way..." Living in His presence is indeed "life-giving"! It is living in His presence that I know no matter what happens in life it will be OK. I was having a conversation with a friend Sunday about this exact thing. He said when we are faced with medical testing we don't have to worry because no matter what happens we 'win.' If the results are favorable, we 'win' and if they aren't we still 'win' by going to heaven. As we are told in II Timothy 1:7, God didn't give us a spirit of fear. These words show fear comes from the enemy. We are also told in Galatians 5 about the fruit of the Spirit. We cannot have these fruit if we do not have the Spirit living in us. We can fake them but eventually it will become clear they are not true. I am saddened to see believers who have stopped at being saved. They either do not see the need to be sanctified or they have chosen to not be. There are too many believers hanging onto self instead of allowing the Holy Spirit to have His way in their life. I am not being judgmental but am just stating fact. You can see it very clearly in people's lives. They believe yet they still have no joy. They believe yet they still have no peace. Instead of love oozing out of them hatred shows in the way they look or talk with people. I am overwhelmed with sadness for many and yet I feel like they do not want to hear what the Lord gives me to share. There comes a time when I want to give up and just quit yet I know I can't. I must press on with what He gives me. I cannot take it personally that people do not want to listen. I can only continue to pray for them to have open eyes to living the life He so desires.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for dying and coming back again so we could live. Father, I pray for anything between You and I to be wiped clean. This is a new day. I pray You will fill it with opportunities for me to be You to all I come in contact with. I pray You will fill me to overflowing with Your love. Sometimes it is hard to not get upset with people who continually are crabby yet they say You live in them. It is hard to see/hear people who over and over again complain. Father, give me Your words, actions and most of all attitude in my spirit when I am in contact with these ones. I pray they will become open to the thought of dying to self. Thank You Jesus for being My 24-7! Amen.

No comments: